LG OLED thread continued...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
To be honest, I haven't looked until you planted that spending seed. (poor choice of words, I'm sure):D
I did read yesterday that it was one of the few plasma TVs that was better picture than the Pioneer Kuro. That got me a little more interested.
Usually I can talk myself out of spending...
It didn't help when Doug said he was also looking for a bigger TV.
Yeah, but is it available?

bears_t2

bears_t2

Junior Audioholic
I've had an LG for about 3yrs now, it's the 5600 series and I bought it b/c every Samsung I touched was warm if not hot to the touch. If you go today even they are all hot to the touch to me. I don't know about anyone else but hot and electronics don't go together, at least I don't think. The LG was the only cool one to the touch anywhere on it. I was thinking if I got a new one it would be LG again but now this new tech is coming from other manufacturers to compete and well the whole 4k thing and price is WOW. I'm going to let it all shake out 1st before I get another 1.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I think what happened is that there must have been a model run or two in their LCDs that had an issue, however minor, that threw the stats. In the spirit of making nice I didn't say that Panny was 2% failure rate, LG was 4% and Sammy was 5%. So no matter what I'm not getting a Sammy LCD ... or an LG. :D

So much for making nice.
What it really comes down to are specific models. When you look at a brand as a whole, what you get is an incorrect assessment. The vast majority of people buy the CHEAPEST POS TV from a manufacturer and then complain when it breaks. Buy a higher model and that changes dramatically, and that's all manufacturers and often most electronics. All of these manufacturers have periods of bad QA or a poor model year, then they come back. LG does make some great things, but not all of their displays fall in that category over the last few years. OLED being new, I'd expect they'll make sure the quality is high for now so comparing LCD/LED to OLED doesn't work.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis