LG OLED or Samsung The Frame?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I wonder if the 77 in C2 will go much lower in price when the C3 is available this spring. I just can’t easily justify paying $2500 for it. LOL :)

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Before I bought my C1 OLED I had both a QN85a and the Frame. The whole thread where I asked the community here if I should get an OLED is still up (a quantifiable example of why this forum is amazing) the C1 now has 3000+ hours on it and it’s been absolutely amazing. For the longest time I was obsessed with buying the tv that had the higher peak nits output, both Samsungs were a step down in terms of peak brightness for HDR but it showed me empirically that peak brightness output is only one performance metric when it comes to overall PQ at least in my opinion. I mean the C1 caps at 800 and I’ve done a side by side with a Vizio PQ65-F1 that I sold to Alex on this forum and while the Vizio is capable of literally more than twice the peak output in HDR10, the C1 looked exponentially more impressive and vibrant in both films and games using the same Series X and same UHD BD player. I should note I’ve also had zero HDMI 2.1 issues with my Denon 6700h and Series X.
Is burn in pretty much eliminated in these TVs ? I see gaming as a feature in all oleds , despite the static hud . So they’re like a super plasma? Bright and infinite contrast ??
Q oled has more colors then oled /qled ?
Very interesting technology! :D

Last edited:
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Is burn in pretty much eliminated in these TVs ? I see gaming as a feature in all oleds , despite the static hud . So they’re like a super plasma? Bright and infinite contrast ??
Q oled has more colors then oled /qled ?
Very interesting technology! :D
No, burn-in hasn't been eliminated and must be a consideration of anyone who intends to hook up a computer or gaming system.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
No, burn-in hasn't been eliminated and must be a consideration of anyone who intends to hook up a computer or gaming system.
Ouch id imagine news channels and epsn black bars would definitely also be a threat to such OLED TVs . Has anyone had movie black bars burn in?
ED5BB561-F0B4-410D-A2DC-8453B731098A.jpeg

Last edited:
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Ouch id imagine news channels and epsn black bars would definitely also be a threat to such OLED TVs . Has anyone had movie black bars burn in?
People who don't pay attention to the potential for burn-in may have this issue. But, most people who buy OLED are aware of the potential, so they just switch the channel. Some gaming for a bit, then a movie, then some regular HDTV viewing. If you vary what you watch then it really should never be an issue.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis