Lg Multi-format Dvr

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Jesus Christ wtf man!!! Seems as if you aren't asking about svs subs or axiom speakers or a frigging yamaha receiver, no-one is interested. Sheesh!:rolleyes: I must have the record for most threads without a response:rolleyes:

E

Eric Apple

Junior Audioholic
LOL -- no I don't have one of these, great post. We have Tivo and like that a lot. Not much help -- but here are the questions I would have:

I noticed that the guide data for this unit is from Microsoft. I would search around and ask about experience with MS as a guide vendor. I wonder if it is accurate. I didn't know this was even a service MS offered.

The MS part does make me nervous -- I wonder when MS changes the guide format, will you be able to upgrade the DVR for the new format ? Does LG provide this service ?

Cool that it links with windows media edition -- that seems like a big plus to me. Rip DVD to mpeg4 and serve up all the kids movies they want to watch 10,000 times.

At $599, and no service fee the price seems right inline with competition. Tivo's HD DVR is supposed to be hitting the streets in a few months from what I gather. I'd expect shortly after that there will be a wave of HD DVRs.

My guess, is hang in there for a few months and just monitor the chatter on DVR forums for all the news (like tivocommunity.com).

My goal would be to at the $600 mark pickup an HD DVR, (maybe w/o the DVD burner and WME), or at least a 2 tuner DVR and skip the DVD burner.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Hahah, yeah. Thanks for the info. I didn't know tivo was coming out with a hd dvr.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis