LG HT805PH 5.1 DVD Home Cinema System

B

Bobbyscott5

Audiophyte
Hi,

I’m in the process of upgrading my equipment here and there. I just bought a PS5 which will come in December, and to go with it a LG OLED65CX model TV.

Ive had these speakers for a while now (9 years) and they were use when I bought them. They’re working perfectly fine, not damaged, no noise distortion.

But I was just thinking it’s time for an upgrade. I’m happy with the sound that comes out of them but I’m thinking there could be something better.

TVs I’m quite clued up on. But audio, I’m not great at. Which is why I’m here looking for some help. I see a lot of people just using a sound bar these days but there’s so many, there must be a lot of duds. I was angling towards the Sonos Arc. But again, I’m totally not sure

any help would be greatly appreciated

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Hi,

I’m in the process of upgrading my equipment here and there. I just bought a PS5 which will come in December, and to go with it a LG OLED65CX model TV.

Ive had these speakers for a while now (9 years) and they were use when I bought them. They’re working perfectly fine, not damaged, no noise distortion.

But I was just thinking it’s time for an upgrade. I’m happy with the sound that comes out of them but I’m thinking there could be something better.

TVs I’m quite clued up on. But audio, I’m not great at. Which is why I’m here looking for some help. I see a lot of people just using a sound bar these days but there’s so many, there must be a lot of duds. I was angling towards the Sonos Arc. But again, I’m totally not sure

The magic question, what's your budget?

Any other constraints like limited space or wife acceptance?

The general advice you are gonna get here is to avoid the home theater in a box options (like your current gear), and avoid sound bars!

You can certainly get a very good sounding system with a relatively small budget, as long as the $ is spend in the right place and perhaps if you are patient for the right gear and price to come along.

I suspect your best option will be a decent AVR and a set of good audio quality (2) stereo speakers to start. Quality over quantity.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Hi,

Or a soundbar if your too lazy to hook up speakers ha ha .. what did you have in budget ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis