LG C2 is now shipping

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Saw an article that says they've hit shelves and now include models as small as 42, up to 83""

I would maybe hold off on OLED for now though, as there was a new technology created for OLED by JDI (Japan Display) and it is supposed to be hitting the market as early as the end of this year. It will increase the brightness of OLED displays while extending their lifespan and is compatible with existing production methods.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Saw an article that says they've hit shelves and now include models as small as 42, up to 83""

I would maybe hold off on OLED for now though, as there was a new technology created for OLED by JDI (Japan Display) and it is supposed to be hitting the market as early as the end of this year. It will increase the brightness of OLED displays while extending their lifespan and is compatible with existing production methods.
Man I want a 77 inch OLED bad. This new tech sounds awesome too.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Man I want a 77 inch OLED bad. This new tech sounds awesome too.
If I can get a deal on one, I'll probably get a 77" for my office. I moved my A1 65" in there and it's fantastic, but not big enough. This was bought for my living room, but it looks better in my office :)

What I REALLY want is the 42" for my pc monitor. Assuming they solved the dimming issues.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Here is the info regarding JDI's new OLED tech called eLEAP, which it sounds like they are looking to license to many manufacturers:

H

hextall27

Audioholic
I'm struggling whether to grab a 77 in LG C2 to replace my old Sony XBR65 inch in the living room or the QN90B Samsung NEO QLED 85 inch......

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
OLED still has the issue of motion handling but the picture quality is excellent. I went from a Panasonic plasma TV to LG OLED CX, very much worth it over my eight year old plasma it replaced.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Had a Samsung plasma, then Samsung LCD, now LG C1 77”. Never going back to a backlit TV.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Here is the info regarding JDI's new OLED tech called eLEAP, which it sounds like they are looking to license to many manufacturers:
From your link:
sample eLEAP production by the end of 2022
This mean that actual television production is years away. Samsung took years to bring OLED to the market while LG was crushing them year after year. They did hit the ground running quite nicely, but it won't be anytime soon that we see this tech implemented across televisions as it really must be proven and tested, especially by large manufacturers.

I certainly wouldn't hold out on getting an OLED because some newly announced tech may show up at some point. That's ALWAYS the eternal promise of AV. Something new and better will come down the pipe at some point. Yep. Duh.

Anyway, the LG C2 series is another homerun for the company and will draw a ton of buyers to it, as it should. Reviews are strong, will remain strong, and the display will, as always, look awesome.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
From your link:

This mean that actual television production is years away. Samsung took years to bring OLED to the market while LG was crushing them year after year. They did hit the ground running quite nicely, but it won't be anytime soon that we see this tech implemented across televisions as it really must be proven and tested, especially by large manufacturers.

I certainly wouldn't hold out on getting an OLED because some newly announced tech may show up at some point. That's ALWAYS the eternal promise of AV. Something new and better will come down the pipe at some point. Yep. Duh.

Anyway, the LG C2 series is another homerun for the company and will draw a ton of buyers to it, as it should. Reviews are strong, will remain strong, and the display will, as always, look awesome.
OLED has been trying to make it to consumers for around 20 years. It is here now. They said eLeap was ready for production TVs in the current generation, however the TV segment is in a downturn so companies may not invest and will delay the rollout of it most likely. It can be put into manufacturing without new machines, though it may mean process changes. I would expect it to be about a year away as LCD starts to die off and OLED takes over.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis