C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
Hi guys. I have recently bought a LG 55NANO863PA and when I play a movie with a lot of dark, white is present. See the pictures. Do you guys have a solution? Thank you so much.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Hi guys. I have recently bought a LG 55NANO863PA and when I play a movie with a lot of dark, white is present. See the pictures. Do you guys have a solution? Thank you so much.

Looks defective from here but I'm not familiar with LG settings, no idea if it's something to do with them.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
The colors are almost like an oled. But where it comes to black.....meah

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The clouding/flashlighting with LCD sets can be annoying....I tried a couple years back but went to plasma instead. Today I'd go oled....

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
It is a nanocell tough....it is a 2021 model. I have a oled olso but this nano...it is annoying. I will call tomorrow LG support to see if they have a solution.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What is a nanocell about? You'd think they could get the lighting right in 2021, tho....

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
LG NanoCell uses a filter layer that sits in the TV, absorbing specific wavelengths of light. The aim is to purify the color output in order to improve color depth. ... LG NanoCell TVs (and all TVs in fact) paint their pictures using tiny pinpricks of blue, green and red light set at different intensities

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sounds like marketing talk. Was more curious what type of back/side lighting it is.....

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Sounds somewhat normal based upon the use of an IPS panel and the fact that this is their lower end Nano panel tech that you are getting...

Turning down brightness and going through a calibration will maximize your overall quality, but will still be limited by the panel type in use and the lighting of the display in use.

If this is in a room with a significant amount of viewing, I would likely have gone with a VA type panel (Samsung) with higher native contrast or just gone ahead and dropped the money on an OLED.

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
Sounds somewhat normal based upon the use of an IPS panel and the fact that this is their lower end Nano panel tech that you are getting...

Turning down brightness and going through a calibration will maximize your overall quality, but will still be limited by the panel type in use and the lighting of the display in use.

If this is in a room with a significant amount of viewing, I would likely have gone with a VA type panel (Samsung) with higher native contrast or just gone ahead and dropped the money on an OLED.
I have an oled also, this is for another room. Do you know how to calibrate it? Thanks.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
There are some basic calibration videos online. Worth looking at, though I haven't done it myself. I've used a Blu-ray Disc calibration disc for my home stuff.

But, it looks like things like this may help you out...

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
There are some basic calibration videos online. Worth looking at, though I haven't done it myself. I've used a Blu-ray Disc calibration disc for my home stuff.

But, it looks like things like this may help you out...
Thank you so much!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis