kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
Ever since upgrading to a new sub "Dayton sub1200" my lfe gain on my receiver "yamaha rx v365" does nothin. The bass isnt changed one bit no matter how much I boost the lfe.
I tried my old sub and its no longer boosted by the lfe channel either. I've got the sub hooked correctly for the lfe to work, but still nothing.
Can you guys offer any suggestions ideas on what might've cause the receiver to quit sending out an lfe signal?
Thanks

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Is it the lfe channel missing altogether or just some particular ability/method to change level on the LFE channel? Did you change a sound mode or setting? Try a reset of the avr? Re-run YPAO?

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
Hey, I did rest the avr, and nothing, although my sub did end up sounding better after adjustment. The lfe adjustments shows up on the receiver menu, but adjusting up and down doesnt affect the sound of the sub at all.
I noticed it has an "hp and sp" under the lfe setting in the menu. I assume the hp is hi pass and the sp is ?
What seems odd is that I don't remember having 2 settings for the lfe before, just 1 simple setting to adjust.

I'm also assuming the ypao is on the newer yamaha's cause I'm pretty sure mine doesnt have it.
The receiver is literally 10 years old. I've done the manual settings for speaker distance etc.
Also not using any different sound modes. That was one of my first concerns, maybe I had started using a new setting that messed with the lfe.
So far its a head scratcher to me

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Just in case, are you absolutly sure you have the RCA connected to the correct output on the AVR? (LFE out or sub out)
A picture from the back of the sub and back of the AVR might help.

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
Just in case, are you absolutly sure you have the RCA connected to the correct output on the AVR? (LFE out or sub out)
A picture from the back of the sub and back of the AVR might help.
I double checked it, so I'm 100% sure now. It'd take an act of congress to get a decent picture of the back of the avr, the sub would be alil easier but I doubt it'd show anything helpful.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Make sure your speakers are set to small. Older Yamahas used to loose their settings after being unplugged or power loss.

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
Make sure your speakers are set to small. Older Yamahas used to loose their settings after being unplugged or power loss.
I've noticed that with my yammy as well. It's aggrevating getting it all set up just right again.
With that said, I've got them set small.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis