Let's Hear it For Stevie Wonder

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Ok, this thread is pretty pointless. But as I sit here listening to the first track of "Songs in the Key of Life", I'm reminded of just what a great artist Stevie Wonder is. Like others have said...it's simply too bad that we don't have artists releasing pop music like this today.

J

jzac

Audioholic
jaxvon said:
Ok, this thread is pretty pointless. But as I sit here listening to the first track of "Songs in the Key of Life", I'm reminded of just what a great artist Stevie Wonder is. Like others have said...it's simply too bad that we don't have artists releasing pop music like this today.
Dunno why he stopped coming out with albums... what a talent he is! He's now more into helping other artists by writing songs.

20to20K

Full Audioholic
Not pointless at all...

I was just listening to Stevie the other day and boy did he put out some slammin' albums in the 70's. He had about 5 or 6 albums from Talkin' Book to Songs in the Key...that were all classics. His singing, songwriting, and instrumentation during that period was probably rivaled only by Donald Fagen.
And like Steely Dan all his albums had outstanding sonics.

Yet something happened after Songs...like other artists in the early 80's he just started making crap! I guess the temptation to fit in with the techno, disco, oversynthed music of the times was the downfall of him and several other great musicians of that era. I guess Steely Dan were smart and just stopped making music altogether at that point!

So yes...LET's hear it for Stevie indeed! Innervisions is my fav...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis