Legacy new 7CH and 8CH Amplifiers Most Powerful Mult-CH Amps Ever?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
The reason is because I consider ATI amps higher-end than any ICE amps from any company. :D

I think they are good quality, but does anyone consider ICE amps higher quality? :D
How are ICE modules so different from Hypex modules? ATI is building amps that are Hypex N-core based. What you seem to be saying is that you prefer analog amplifiers to digital ones. (I tend to agree.)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
How are ICE modules so different from Hypex modules? ATI is building amps that are Hypex N-core based. What you seem to be saying is that you prefer analog amplifiers to digital ones. (I tend to agree.)
Well, I was hoping Legacy could offer a 200x7 Amp for $3,500 MSRP. Why? That seems like a good number to me. :D

But like Kurt said, I was probably just dreaming. :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
The question I have is: Depending on how much power is actually used, how would a 15 or 20 amp circuit handle the load?
This is in genes writeup:

*600 watt power figure is based on using a single 230V, 20A line or dual 120V, 20A lines.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
If you mean you were hoping Legacy would price their amps in-line with other amps from Bryston, Krell, Classe, etc. I suspect they did!

If you mean you were hoping Legacy would price their amps in-line with other amps from Yamaha, Marantz, Emotiva, ATI/Outlaw/Monolith, I think we need to remind you that you are still stuck in the same dimension/reality as last week ... and the decade before!
Nicely said, gotta feed the boutique, audio/shops. J/in. Powers be, I'd more than probably coin in hand or not would still hand pick a Ati amp or Adcom, Parasound.

R

rsc3

Audiophyte
One of those should work on a regular 15 amp circuit, right? :p
have the same question. Normal levels do not use that much power, but, depending there could easily be some very high peaks.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
This is in genes writeup:

*600 watt power figure is based on using a single 230V, 20A line or dual 120V, 20A lines.
I would think that if a single phase 120V line is available, the double phase voltage would be twice that 120V figure which is 240V.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I would think that if a single phase 120V line is available, the double phase voltage would be twice that 120V figure which is 240V.
Yes, that is what it will be and is in my house.

F

FOMOontech

Audiophyte
:D Yeah, I was hoping the price (for a Legacy 200x7 amp) would be less than ATI, which has a 220W x 7Ch Solid State amp that retails $4K.

The reason is because I consider ATI amps higher-end than any ICE amps from any company. :D

I think they are good quality, but does anyone consider ICE amps higher quality? :D
Trying to start a war I see! I'll bite. Amps of all things are truly a reflection of their measurements, don't you think? Whether distortion or damping, their ultimate resolution and ceiling is most accurately reflected by their measurements. With that in mind, if an ICE amp measures better than an Class A/B, isn't it more likely than not that the ICE amp sounds better. And if it doesn't, what measurement are we missing that does not capture this final criteria?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Trying to start a war I see! I'll bite. Amps of all things are truly a reflection of their measurements, don't you think? Whether distortion or damping, their ultimate resolution and ceiling is most accurately reflected by their measurements. With that in mind, if an ICE amp measures better than an Class A/B, isn't it more likely than not that the ICE amp sounds better. And if it doesn't, what measurement are we missing that does not capture this final criteria?
Do ICE amps have better SNR, XT, THD, FR than A/B amps?

If ICE amps have better SNR, XT, THD, FR, then that would help their case greatly.

Do you have these measurements?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
If an amp measures better than another one which already has excellent specs, it wouldn't necessarily provide a superior audible sound quality provided they both are operating within their power rating. It may be different for someone who has golden ears.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis