Legacy Audio Deco Speaker Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
I'm an audioholic! And as such, I enjoy switching my speakers from one spot to another searching for the best possible arrangement. Many people don't realize that subs are not the only ones that benefit from this switching method. This is specially easy to accomplish when your speakers were designed to be used in almost any position and/or application (front, side or surround).

Check out the following picture to see how a speaker with those characteristics looks like! This one has built quality written all over it.
Deco_HI_REZ_434_483.jpg

Although Legacy Audio's Deco Speaker has been on the market for some time, I still considered it deserved an overview because of all its versatility. As Legacy states, it features an angled shape that give it the appearance of a wall sconce but actually directs the sound to the listeners. And not only you can use it as front, side or rear channels, but you can combine it with their Cinema HD center as they are voice matched. The Deco features the same 8" Silver/Graphite cast frame woofer as their Studio HD and Classic HD. So, if you are in the market for a speaker with lots of potential, check this one out! Have any of you heard this one in action?

SPECIFICATIONS:
  • System Type: 2 driver, 2 way on-wall.
  • Tweeter: (1) 1" spiral ribbon.
  • Midwoofer: (2) 8" Silver/Graphite woven diaphragm, cast basket, phase compensation plug.
  • Low Frequency Alignment: Vented, Boundary Compensated.
  • Freq. Response (Hz, +/-2dB): 60-25K.
  • Impedance: 4 Ohm
  • Sensitivity: (Room, dB@ 2.83V) 91.5 dB
  • Recommended Amplification: 25-200 Watts.
  • Crossover: 2.8K
  • Binding Posts: 1 Pair
  • Dimensions (HxWxD): 19.37" x 14" x 9.87"
  • Weight (Unboxed): 24 lbs.
  • Weight (Boxed): 55 lbs./pair
PicsArt_1424718653017.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers