slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
@Gmoney
Take a deep breath....

Panteragstk posted a link that is most likely to help you out, dunno what your complaint is on that???

I was just telling you how I handle this type of problem, so I don't get into this exact situation that you got yourself into. I write the code down somewhere that it can't possibly get lost, but is still discrete and likely I am the only person that even knows it is there and where to look for it.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Guess I'll just go out and buy a Sony UHD Top of the line 8 k and just Upgrade My Yamaha a1080 to a Yamaha 2020 AVR. Those two are the best most Reliable best QC. Best Customer satisfaction and those two Manufacturers don't pair up better with anything else together. I just leave Denon, Pioneer and Onkyo Marantz to the rest of the best of. 2nd, 3rd, and so on ain't to bad when your in the top ten.
Just have to remember to use a black Sharpie for the pin code. :p:)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
@Gmoney
Take a deep breath....

Panteragstk posted a link that is most likely to help you out, dunno what your complaint is on that???

I was just telling you how I handle this type of problem, so I don't get into this exact situation that you got yourself into. I write the code down somewhere that it can't possibly get lost, but is still discrete and likely I am the only person that even knows it is there and where to look for it.
My bad, Sorry about being curt, I found out how to reset to Factory settings. I got online with Vizio, in a chatbox. It's really Simple all I had to do was hold down the input button and the volume button down for 10 seconds on the back of the TV and Wala!! TV Automatically went into factory reset mode! So if anyone forgets to Write down their 4 pin code all you gotta do is Hold Down the input button and the volume - button Simultaneously for 10 seconds. Now thats for All Vizio 4K HDTV's.

B

brianapp

Audiophyte
Crts went away because there were huge, had picture defects inherent in the design, and had a practical screen size limit. Plasmas went away because at a competitive price the proft was too small, LCDs got better and very close in quality, and for the high end OLED was an option. Now LCDs can be very good at 1/2 the price of an OLED. Until OLED can get very close to the price of a good LCD I don't see LCDs going anywhere.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
IMO lcd TVs had better picture then these new trash 4ktvs as far as for cable or 1080 content ...
led tv still use similar technology actually as lcd .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
IMO lcd TVs had better picture then these new trash 4ktvs as far as for cable or 1080 content ...
led tv still use similar technology actually as lcd .
I know we've had this discussion with you before, the only non-lcd TV's available to consumers right now are OLED's. Everything else is still an LCD. A non OLED 4k LED TV uses a 4K LCD panel with LED backlighting.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I know we've had this discussion with you before, the only non-lcd TV's available to consumers right now are OLED's. Everything else is still an LCD. A non OLED 4k LED TV uses a 4K LCD panel with LED backlighting.
Oh yeah I just wish id had bought a bigger lcd tv my newer led one sucks compared to the older lcd .
I still want to use it again someday , it’s non hdr 4k tv worse the a 1080p?
Even still only special premium services stream 4k and our internet WiFi isn’t fast enough for those .
4k Blu-ray disappointing to
Me .
Do oled play older content better then lcd led ?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
What tech?
Samsung is famous for using 10V capacitors instead of 16V capacitors on their TVs for more than a decade. Those TVs became faulty after a few years, usually just after the warranty period is over. What's more they didn't tell their repair services to put correct capacitors in those TVs that came for repair. Later they spent a grand total of money to clear/bribe internet about such news. Probably more than they spent on their technology...
I have 3 Samsungs LCD going strong with no hiccups. The display that impressed me the most for longevity is my Vizio LCD.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have 3 Samsungs LCD going strong with no hiccups. The display that impressed me the most for longevity is my Vizio LCD.
Yup, I have a 26" and a 52" Sammy LCD, been in service pushing 14 years now.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Yup, I have a 26" and a 52" Sammy LCD, been in service pushing 14 years now.
I guess today’s led tvs are essentially LCDs with led backlights ?? I think only ones with local dimming are better then lcd
Sadly I don’t plan on getting a led model they are doomed to be obsolete soon ?? By oled

Mini led look nice

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I guess today’s led tvs are essentially LCDs with led backlights ?? I think only ones with local dimming are better then lcd
Sadly I don’t plan on getting a led model they are doomed to be obsolete soon ?? By oled

Mini led look nice

That's it, the technology is still LCD, but have the LED as backlights. Calling them "LED TVs" is purely marketing.

My TVs are so old, the back lighting is Fluorescent! No local dimming, obviously.

To put this into perspective, my 52" Sammy LCD was ~$2300 new, and I was one of the first on the "big flat screen" trend, when 52" was considered big, and $2300 was considered a good price for it!

And, my 26" I bought used for $600, which was half of the MSRP from about 1 year earlier!

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
That's it, the technology is still LCD, but have the LED as backlights. Calling them "LED TVs" is purely marketing.

My TVs are so old, the back lighting is Fluorescent! No local dimming, obviously.

To put this into perspective, my 52" Sammy LCD was ~$2300 new, and I was one of the first on the "big flat screen" trend, when 52" was considered big, and $2300 was considered a good price for it!

And, my 26" I bought used for $600, which was half of the MSRP from about 1 year earlier!
Lcd won’t be gone for a long time not til today’s led tv and qled, and mini led are gone .
My dads Samsung flagship 3D TV from 11 years ago is far better then any tv I have even my 42” panny plasma . Samsung is getting lines in the screen tho... getting old

Some of these TVs look amazing
Sad I don’t got any room for a tv over 55”-65” anywhere .. I’d love a 75-80” model but it won’t happen

Last edited:
M

MDK210

Junior Audioholic
everything has static images unless you only watch movies so oled is a no for me.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
They say OLED is better than plasma for avoiding burn-in. There are definitely some things you would want to avoid like leaving the same channel on, especially one with a bright logo or ticker. Some games like FIFA are problematic because of bright HUDs.

I've been gaming on my plasma for years without issues. I mostly only see some IR from the YouTube channel on my Roku but that goes away. For my use case, I would probably be ok with an OLED.

T

Tailspin70

Audioholic Intern
I'm still using my 60" Samsung LCD TV UNH60H6350 from 2013 and never had an issue with it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis