Latest Project: Planer/Jointer Stand

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I recently built this stand for my planer and benchtop jointer in order to free up some workshop space. I inserted a 5/8" steel rod as an axle and at each corner is a 3/8" bolt and wingnut. When I need to change over machines, I just remove the bolts, flip the top over and re-install the bolts. This isn't an audio project, but just a change of scenery for the DIY forum.

Attachments

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That's a great idea. I've seen other projects that have done something like that before. One of the one's I've seen uses simple latches at the edge to make it even a little easier and quicker to spin around.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
That's a great idea. I've seen other projects that have done something like that before. One of the one's I've seen uses simple latches at the edge to make it even a little easier and quicker to spin around.
You're probably right, that latches could make it easier and faster to flip. But, these machines aren't light. The jointer is all cast-iron construction and quite heavy. It's compact size might be a bit misleading. So, I used the bolts to help support the weight and to help with rigidity. With lighter equipment, latches would definitely be more user-friendly. But, that's not something I would risk with this one.

K

kentwalt33

Audiophyte
I recently built this stand for my planer and benchtop jointer in order to free up some workshop space. I inserted a 5/8" steel rod as an axle and at each corner is a 3/8" bolt and wingnut. When I need to change over machines, I just remove the bolts, flip the top over and re-install the bolts. This isn't an audio project, but just a change of scenery for the DIY forum.
Hey buddy, i just loved your stand. I recently purchased Delta 37-071 6-Inch Benchtop Jointer. It is quiet good. It has a great system for dust collection and has better weight distribution that keeps in place and controls vibrations.
I got its recommendation from a article on Best Benchtop Jointer. Special thanks to that article and its writer Bill baum.
Coming to the point i loved your stand very much and i thing it will be good for me also and i want one for my Benchtop Jointer. If you can make one more for me then please tell your pricing. I will pay for shipping also.
I think its sizing will also good for my benchtop.
I will wait for your reply.

Thanks ,

R

Rubendias

Audiophyte
Recently, I bought a Cutech 6" Spiral Cutterhead Jointer to get my job done with ease. It's awesome and I'm satisfied working with it.
Before I chose it, I wanted to get some ideas online and reached to right here. What they reviewed I got most things presented.
However, the table you've built is excellent no doubt.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Good use of space and mobile is a great way to not lock yourself into one configuration for the shop.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Wow! A thread from the dead! Yes, the stand sure is handy.
My table saw, jointer and band saw are on mobile bases because they're in the garage and I need to park there. The jointer and band saw aren't very big, so they're not a problem but the saw has 7' rails and is 3-1/2' deep, so it takes up a lot of floor space.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis