C

ctg402

Audiophyte
I'be been contemplating over the past few days about the system that I want to setup in our living room/kitchen area and cannot decide on the equipment I should use. I have attached a diagram of my layout. Its one large open room. The Redline that splits the room is where the vaulted ceiling ends and the kitchen area is a standard flat ceiling. The blue dots are my initial plan, and I would think this makes sense for a 5.1 or 7.1. The green dots are my proposed location if I were to go with a 7.1 (I dont know if this would be a good spot or not, which is why I'm posting). The 2 orange dots would be my outdoor speakers that I'd like to get wired up as well, so I will be looking for multi-room functionality.

I'm looking for advice on whether a 7.1 would be worth the extra cost in this setup, and the general direction most of you would use in order to get the best sound available for maybe a $700-$800 budget. The outdoor speakers are not a huge concern, just something that plays average quality stuff.

Thoughts?

The room layout is attached as my avatar...

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
For 7-800 are you needing to get speakers and a receiver, blu-ray, etc? That may not be a realistic option if that is for everything due to the size of the room and size of speakers you will get for that budget. Are you ok with starting with maybe only a left and right and adding on in the future? Is wiring already in place? Also, I would just pass on the 7.1, 5.1 if pretty sufficient for most.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis