L&R directly above subs?

1313stang

Audioholic Intern
hi all. just got a pair of klipsch rp160ms, to replace my polk towers. also got a pb1000. so i have 2 subs for now until the jbl finally gives up the ghost. (humming) figuring out speaker placement, about 22" from floor to bottom of speakers puts the tweeters of LCR close to ear level. looking at ridiculously priced particle board and ugly metal stands. may just build my own. then i wondered if i could wall mount them directly above the subs on both sides. (both subs are in front on either side of table thing...limited placement for them) would there be any kind of imaging issues or resonance weirdness with speakers a few inches directly above subs? obviously i could try it & see what it would sound like, but before buying wall mounts, drilling holes in walls etc, i thought id ask if anyone has a setup like that. thanks.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
There's no reason why that shouldn't work. Before you buy wall mount hardware, give it a simple try. Sit your speakers on top of the sub woofers and listen. You probably will have to put something between the speakers and subs to prevent vibrations between the two cabinets. Nothing complicated, use something like a magazine, newspapers, a folded towel, a pile of tee shirts.

Those speakers are said to weigh 21 lbs. Look for wall mount hardware capable of handling that weight.

1313stang

Audioholic Intern
yea thats a good idea. well no worries anyway, wife just nixed that idea. so on to stands of some sort. looking at some sanus stands on amazon. $80 for $30 stands lol.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis