rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Last night I pulled out a recording of Symphony Fantastique >Hector Berlioz, a Hybrid Multi-channel SACD. Found Here . I currently have about 45 Hi-Rez SACD and DVD-A discs. When comparing to other recordings I own, I would have to say that this recording was done quite well. It is a very clean and precise recording, and the dynamic contrast is easily heard. If you aren't a big fan of classical music try this one out, you might be suprised how exciting some of it can be! I don't think there is a symphony out there that can give your HT a test more than this one can.

The reason I am complimenting Telarc is because of the information found inside the cover booklet. There are approx. 10 pages giving instructions on how to properly set up your HT to enjoy MC music. For some of us this is common knowledge, for those who are new to these audio formats, the info found in this book is a great place to start. Much of this information can be found in other areas. Its just not that common to find instructions in a CD case to assist in gaining the maximum experience from a recording.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
I agree, Telarc is probably among the Top 3 labels for outright excellence in recording. And you gotta love a cmpany that even tells you what equipment tit was mastered on!

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
I agree, Telarc is probably among the Top 3 labels for outright excellence in recording. And you gotta love a cmpany that even tells you what equipment tit was mastered on!
Even Telarc has occasional complete failures in attempts to achieve sound quality: T. Sutton, Dancing In The Dark(CD) = horrible sound quality(vocal and instruments seem very disconnected in all respects--like they belong in different recordings all together) along with occasional and loud annoying digital clipping as the frosting on the bitter cake.

-Chris

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis