Kruz's Work in Progress System

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
How's that center mounted? Please don't say from behind. They'll get the wrong idea.

Kruz

Kruz

Audioholic
How's that center mounted? Please don't say from behind. They'll get the wrong idea.
From behind! :eek: Its on a french cleat with three holes in it. One hole goes into a stud and the other two into heavy duty drywall anchors. The speaker wire runs through the wall from behind as well.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I tried to pull and Adam...
I think you meant "an" Adam, and I'm just going to leave that one alone. :p

...and went into the source code to see if I could help but the URL in there didn't appear to lead anywhere either.
I just tried that, and the only image link that I tried worked just fine. Odd that it doesn't show up here. I wonder if a filter is blocking that site.

From behind! :eek: Its on a french cleat with three holes in it. One hole goes into a stud...
I think Rick just fainted. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The level of refinement Salk achieves with his finishes is phenomenal. Your speakers are no exception but I gotta say that after living with mine for over a year, that front port looks like a painful mutation. I've grown accustomed to it being on the rear so looking at that pic leaves me uneasy. Weird.

Having a rear ported center has forced me to do some strange stuff.

... all to get this:

Kruz

Kruz

Audioholic
Yeah the front ports are not ideal but I have a very narrow room to work with (10 feet). After speaking to Jim he recommended the front port and really I don't mind them. It sort of fits in with the boxy simple lines of the speaker (IMHO).

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah the front ports are not ideal but I have a very narrow room to work with (10 feet). After speaking to Jim he recommended the front port and really I don't mind them. It sort of fits in with the boxy simple lines of the speaker (IMHO).
The only thing I would've asked for is a port grill to help keep dust and bugs out of there.

T

TheHills44060

Junior Audioholic
Great choice on the finish for the Salks Kruz. Subtle but very nice looking with just enough detail for the room to be interesting. Too bad the floorstander bases aren't the same finish instead of just black but it doesn't seem like many people order finished matched bases from Salk, not sure why. Alex's in the pics above are the same way.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis