Kongsberg, Norway: Multiple people killed in crossbow attack

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
What is overstated? My info is from that site- 160 this year, 190 last year and 98 the year before. The totals were dropping nicely, but once COVID hit, it's like they opened the floodgates for crazy.

That guy was definitely sick and he was very quiet about it.
That is crazy o_O .... we should all be able to go out, knowing we are safe

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
That is crazy o_O .... we should all be able to go out, knowing we are safe
Hey, at least I'm not in Chicago although the suburbs are safe. Chicago also has very strict gun control legislation but this proves it doesn't work because criminals don't care about laws.

Rule #1- LEAVE OTHER PEOPLE ALONE UNLESS YOU'RE TRYING TO HELP THEM!
Rule #2- READ RULE #1

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Hey, at least I'm not in Chicago although the suburbs are safe. Chicago also has very strict gun control legislation but this proves it doesn't work because criminals don't care about laws.

Rule #1- LEAVE OTHER PEOPLE ALONE UNLESS YOU'RE TRYING TO HELP THEM!
Rule #2- READ RULE #1
Yeah, well still.... I reckon you need to consider safety when you're going somewhere... we never have to do this over here.... We can go to any park at any time of day or night, and I don't even have to think twice

Saw some documentaries on Chicago, crazy stuff o_O

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
It proves no such thing.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
It proves no such thing.
No, it only proves that this country is a wash in guns. We have more guns floating around this country than citizens. That's all that that proves. The NRA and gun lobbies win every time to sell more and more guns, more powerful fun and assault weapons. Because we all know to hunt you need an AK-47 or AR-15. It's a joke.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

highfigh

highfigh

It proves no such thing.
If the legal gun owners were killing with similar frequency, I would say you're correct but they aren't. It's well known that guns enter Chicago from many places illegally and unfortunately, they also go to other cities illegally, including Milwaukee (the area where I live, roughly 90 miles from Chicago).

highfigh

highfigh

No, it only proves that this country is a wash in guns. We have more guns floating around this country than citizens. That's all that that proves. The NRA and gun lobbies win every time to sell more and more guns, more powerful fun and assault weapons. Because we all know to hunt you need an AK-47 or AR-15. It's a joke.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I think we also have too many gun owners with anger issues and obsession with guns and being a tough guy. I'm more worried about the ones with anger issues and I really want some penalties for careless storage. I would also be in favor of mandatory training and practice, but these won't do a damned thing about illegal use, although better storage practices would help to minimize the number of guns that are stolen.

The AR-15 can be used for hunting but large game are more difficult to kill because really, it's a .22 with a lot of powder behind it. The AK is different- larger caliber, more mass to the slug and more powder mean that it does more damage.

However, the data show that illegal gun possession and use cause far more deaths and injuries than legal possession and use.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What is overstated? My info is from that site- 160 this year, 190 last year and 98 the year before. The totals were dropping nicely, but once COVID hit, it's like they opened the floodgates for crazy.

That guy was definitely sick and he was very quiet about it.
Just saying it isn't 365, i.e. daily. OTOH you're ahead of famous places like Oakland, but Milwaukee has a larger population, too.

highfigh

highfigh

Just saying it isn't 365, i.e. daily. OTOH you're ahead of famous places like Oakland, but Milwaukee has a larger population, too.
MKE has been called 'Killwaukee' for quite a while. The people are sick of the crap, but again, the criminals don't care who's being affected. Also, I think someone needs to get in the ear and face of the city leaders because they're doing almost nothing to combat this, other than form study groups, throw money around and talk about it as if they have a handle on the situation.

IMO, the condition of a city directly affects the minds, attitudes and mental state of the people living there and MKE's general condition has declined steadily over many decades. The city like to throw window dressing at it in places where tourists are likely to go, but the rest of the city is crumbling. This leads to people not cleaning their yards, throwing everything from small items to large fast food bags filled with trash out of car windows and the amount of trash on and along the roads & freeways, in parks, in yards, in front of businesses is disgusting- nobody lifts a finger unless they're forced to and this only applies to the freeways because they use inmates from the county jail for that.

Recently, the Mayor of MKE has been saying that people need to make better decisions and that's a 180 from his typical position but the likely reason is that he's willing to say this because he's not planning to run again since he may be getting a new position as US ambassador to Luxembourg, so he's not afraid to say things that might make people think or become angry. People don't always like to hear the truth but it's about time someone tells them to get their asses in line and fix their own problems in a more constructive way.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
MKE has been called 'Killwaukee' for quite a while. The people are sick of the crap, but again, the criminals don't care who's being affected. Also, I think someone needs to get in the ear and face of the city leaders because they're doing almost nothing to combat this, other than form study groups, throw money around and talk about it as if they have a handle on the situation.

IMO, the condition of a city directly affects the minds, attitudes and mental state of the people living there and MKE's general condition has declined steadily over many decades. The city like to throw window dressing at it in places where tourists are likely to go, but the rest of the city is crumbling. This leads to people not cleaning their yards, throwing everything from small items to large fast food bags filled with trash out of car windows and the amount of trash on and along the roads & freeways, in parks, in yards, in front of businesses is disgusting- nobody lifts a finger unless they're forced to and this only applies to the freeways because they use inmates from the county jail for that.

Recently, the Mayor of MKE has been saying that people need to make better decisions and that's a 180 from his typical position but the likely reason is that he's willing to say this because he's not planning to run again since he may be getting a new position as US ambassador to Luxembourg, so he's not afraid to say things that might make people think or become angry. People don't always like to hear the truth but it's about time someone tells them to get their asses in line and fix their own problems in a more constructive way.
This is crazy insane sh#$# ... but doesn´t this happen when there is tons of people losing their jobs, there is no future whole societes are falling apart because there are no jobs ....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis