Klispch matched to what receiver?

U

Unregistered

I am building a home theater and have been doing tons of research at every component juncture: speakers, receiver, projector, etc. After auditioning a few brands and with an irresistable quote from a local merchant, I have already decided and have purchased the Klipsch Reference series: twin RF25's,1 RC25, 3 RS25's. (Here's the irresistable part: all that for $1000.) I have also added a Velodyne DLS-3750R sub-woofer, as the Klispch seemed a little bright. I was going to get a sub-woofer anyway since this is a home theater and I wanted that sound effects experience. Also for music this sub-woofer is...yada...yada...yada.

So my question to the audiophile community at large is; "What would be the best A/V receiver to match up with this speaker setup? I have to place a $500 (shipping and tax included) limit on the receiver. I want either 6.1 or 7.1, although I don't have that 4th surround; I don't think my room needs it. It should be this years model, with all the decoding.

I am leaving all the other features unidentified since I am more interested in the sound quality that I will achieve when matched with my speakers.

Thanks in advance for any comments or recommendations.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Unregistered said:
So my question to the audiophile community at large is; "What would be the best A/V receiver to match up with this speaker setup? I have to place a $500 (shipping and tax included) limit on the receiver. I want either 6.1 or 7.1, although I don't have that 4th surround; I don't think my room needs it. It should be this years model, with all the decoding.

I am leaving all the other features unidentified since I am more interested in the sound quality that I will achieve when matched with my speakers.

Thanks in advance for any comments or recommendations.

There is no 'best' to recommend. Klipsch are usually sensitive speakers so it doesn't need lots of power to perform.
You need to look around what is available for your $500. Don't worry about 7.1, not at your limited resources. You would need two more speakers for them and it is a made up matrixing signal, not recorded on the discs.

Be sure you can place the 3 surrounds properly though you you will have the speakers and not get performance from them.

Look for a receiver that has your needs met, flexible.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
One note you might consider...

Unregistered said:
...I have already decided and have purchased the Klipsch Reference series: twin RF25's,1 RC25, 3 RS25's. (Here's the irresistable part: all that for $1000.) I have also added a Velodyne DLS-3750R sub-woofer,

... as the Klispch seemed a little bright.

...So my question to the audiophile community at large is; "What would be the best A/V receiver to match up with this speaker setup?

...I am leaving all the other features unidentified since I am more interested in the sound quality that I will achieve when matched with my speakers.
First the good news. Klipsch speakers are very efficient. Virtually any reveiver on the market will get the most out of those speakers. My personal favorites is Denon but Yamaha, Marantz and many other brands you see mentioned with regularity will do you well. I'd select from these based on availability, features and price.

Now, the bad news... That "brightness" you discern is part and parcel of the Klipsh speaker sound. Some people feel their sound is detailed, revealing, or whatever and others simply find it bright. Modern receivers don't really impart a "sound", so please, please don't expect a receiver to tame that brightness. Love Klipsch, love the brightness.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis