Shek5150

Shek5150

Audioholic
Greetings . . .

Looking for some help here . . . I'm not a Klipsch person (heck I'm barely an AV person); none-the-less, I have a friend that has a set of 'Heresy' speakers that look to be as old as the earth . . . in any case, they still have a nice sound & I was trying to help him gather some info on this particular model (perhaps even when they were made).

This will show the limit of my 'expertise'; but these speakers have balanced inputs on back. . . I haven't seen too many older home speakers with this type of connections . . .

Anyway, any info or direction someone is willing to provide . . . I'd appreciate it . . .

Thx,

Attachments

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
I can't see any serial number on the tag, but if it's there and just isn't visible in the photo, the folks over at the Klipsch forum can determine their date of manufacture and help determine which version of the Heresy they are. Look like HIP, but cannot tell if they're ported from the photos.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The serial number is at the top edge of the cabinet. That way, if the tag goes away, the serial number is still there. Just a guess, but likely.

Now, to the other part. There's no such thing as a 'balanced' passive speaker. The XLR plug and jack were used when the speaker was used in a portable system and to prevent disconnection. The black paint reinforces this, a bit. Klipsch offered their speakers with or without being finished and this was one of the unfinished ones.

Specs- remember, these were designed in 1957 which, in audio equipment terms, is a long time ago. Having been born that year, I'll take a bit of offense in these being described as 'look to be as old as the earth'. :D

http://assets.klipsch.com/product-specsheets/Heresy-Spec.pdf

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
The serial number is at the top edge of the cabinet. That way, if the tag goes away, the serial number is still there. Just a guess, but likely.

Now, to the other part. There's no such thing as a 'balanced' passive speaker. The XLR plug and jack were used when the speaker was used in a portable system and to prevent disconnection. The black paint reinforces this, a bit. Klipsch offered their speakers with or without being finished and this was one of the unfinished ones.

Specs- remember, these were designed in 1957 which, in audio equipment terms, is a long time ago. Having been born that year, I'll take a bit of offense in these being described as 'look to be as old as the earth'. :D

http://assets.klipsch.com/product-specsheets/Heresy-Spec.pdf
Funny I guess since I was born in 1955 I guess I look to be "older than dirt" :)
And those Klipsch Heresy's were awesome speakers beck in the day.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
This is why I love this place! It's the only place that makes me feel young lol. cough cough 76 cough cough.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
The year those Bi Centennial quarters came out. I still have a few of those.
My mom used to tell me if I live to be 100 I could probably get on the Today show with Willard Scott! :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis