Klipsch vs. paradigm vs. jamo Which is best

4tide1

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I am &nbsp;in the market for a speaker system for my home and was wondering if anyone had some thoughts on these 3 systems. My room is about 15 x 15 with a vaulted ceiling and I will be hooking them up to a sony str de885 rec. I was considering the Klipsch quintet w/ks10 woofer or the Paradigm cinema 90 system or the jamo apollo3 a330pdd system. Does anyone have these or have thoughts on which one is the best. Thanks,

Ronnie</font>

E

elkano

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>4tide1

I personally listened both, Paradigm and Klipsch. &nbsp;I liked Paradaigm better, good dynamics and clearer mid range, they even look slicker. &nbsp;My room is about as big as yours so I would chose P. &nbsp;Now this is me with my ears and brains. &nbsp;You should audition them with the same receiver, dvd player, in about the same room (if not the same), same dvd or cd or more than one of your own.

Elkano</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I agree with the previous reply that of the three you listed, the Paradigms provide a better sound. &nbsp;A caveat: all three of these brands are speakers that are &quot;hot&quot; in the upper frequencies--exciting at first audition, but ultimately given to listener fatigue. &nbsp;And not the least sutable for ladies (who are much more sensitive to higher frequencies).

If I may, allow me to suggest some alternatives:
Monitor Audio
Canton
Energy Veritas
Energy &quot;C&quot; series
Boston Acoustics</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Orvis writes that these speakers are &quot;not the least sutable for ladies (who are much more sensitive to higher frequencies).&quot; I have a further caveat: Dogs and cats are even more sensitive to hf than ladies. So be warned, you may find that no one except male humans will enter your listening room! If this is important to you, you may want to consider disconnecting your tweeters.

Seriously, the Paradigms are less bright than the Klipsches. I haven't heard Jamo speakers in more than a decade.</font>

E

Eric

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I liked Paradigm so much I bought a set last week

I bought a pair of Ledged loudspeakers but listened to the studios as well. I thought both sounded outstanding.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#000000'>Again my subjective opinion, I would prefer the Klipsch to Paradigm because of it's excellent imaging qualities.

Cantons and Yamaha are also worth auditioning but ultimately it is your ears and perception of music which should do the decison making.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis