Klipsch... The Big K... more of the same cr@p?

Worthwhile or utter cr@p?

• Hellz yeah! I'm redoing my whole house with new Klipsch!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sure it's not perfect, but you can fix it in the mix with EQ. So, maybe?

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Meh. Probably not.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I'd rather cauterize my eardrums with a hot poker than listen to these.

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Erin put up a review comparing the new models of the RP Towers, so the 5, 6, and 8000F IIs.

I can only ask: What is going through the minds of the design team at Klipsch? The marketing team?

It strikes me that we have been seeing some much better designed Speakers come out lately... Hell, even Def Tech got on board!

But for the Big K, there are several problems in these Speakers which only continue to leave me questioning their value in the audio community, clear design flaws built into the product that should have been addressed before bringing the pigs to market. Is it too much to ask for Klipsch to get their house in order and put out better gear?

Or is it just me? I know there are plenty of Klipsch fans out there who will argue this is harsh.

If they happen to get a bookshelf designed right in the line, are they are excused from any other attempt to put a solid product to market, especially the flagship tower in the lineup?

Is it wrong to expect, even demand, better?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Just for effect, here are the measurements Shady did on the RP8000F in 2019.

Did they somehow manage to dis-improve the design?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I don't mind the sound of Special-K, but I wouldn't own them for my own setups. They seem to have a certain character to their sound that some people like, because the highs are crisp and that seems like a good thing at first. I've listened to them at other's houses and find them fatiguing after a while. I hear almost exactly what he is talking about too, the slightly hot highs seem to overshadow the mids giving them a very particular sound. Some people may like it, I am not a huge fan.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Erin put up a review comparing the new models of the RP Towers, so the 5, 6, and 8000F IIs.

I can only ask: What is going through the minds of the design team at Klipsch? The marketing team?

It strikes me that we have been seeing some much better designed Speakers come out lately... Hell, even Def Tech got on board!

But for the Big K, there are several problems in these Speakers which only continue to leave me questioning their value in the audio community, clear design flaws built into the product that should have been addressed before bringing the pigs to market. Is it too much to ask for Klipsch to get their house in order and put out better gear?

Or is it just me? I know there are plenty of Klipsch fans out there who will argue this is harsh.

If they happen to get a bookshelf designed right in the line, are they are excused from any other attempt to put a solid product to market, especially the flagship tower in the lineup?

It's an Audiovox company! What do you expect?

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Are graphs the gospel and your ears will hear all the imperfections. Do you like speakers with treble or neutral or evenly dynamic? There are reviewers and reviewers,,,,,,,,,some good and otherwise. A more expensive speaker better than a less expensive one,,,,,,,,to your EARS?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

I have the RP-8000F II currently, and I don't think it is as bad as you make it out to be. It does take some placement finagling in order to get a more balanced sound, but if you do that, it can sound fine. I don't want to say much more in order not to spoil the review.

flak3

flak3

Enthusiast
I imagine that these speakers are intended to be listened to with NO TOE IN so that the main listening point is at a significant angle vs. the speakers.
It would be interesting to see the response from that angle as it should be quite different and the highs should be attenuated

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
He mentioned this in the YT video that with them having a very narrow field for the tweeter, that placement will be important for these speakers. As with most speakers, you would need to spend some time adjusting them for the best results.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis