Klipsch Synergy F3's no good?

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
sbader2 said:
You say they are junk, a reason why would be very much appreciated.

Poor build quality, poor driver quality, and the fact that they are so bright the listener is fatigued within minutes.

sbader2

sbader2

Junior Audioholic
No need to continue this argument, he did already decide on the synergy speakers. I respect your opinion however i disagree.

K

kelly

Enthusiast
sbader2 said:
You say they are junk, a reason why would be very much appreciated.
The build quality leaves little to be desired. If you go to ebay, and see what klipsch is selling from the factory as refurbished, it is all synergy series, and rarely any reference series. That's because they are of a much lower build quality. Why do you think klipsch sells reference series at high end audio stores, and synergy at Best Buy. It's so as not to associate the two products at all. Please forgive me if you thught I was bashing your speakers. I just feel as though klipsch could stand to do some improvments on that product line. While still keeping them at the same price point.

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
sbader2 said:
No need to continue this argument, he did already decide on the synergy speakers. I respect your opinion however i disagree.

#1 There is no argument, they are pretty much junk.

#2 It's not too late, the man could return them, and should.

There are many much better speakers at that price point. You are paying for the Klipsch name and getting made in china sub par speakers. I really wish they wouldn't do that, but they do.

T

Tweek

Audiophyte
I've had a pair of Klipsch F-3s for a little under 2 years now. So I've had a lot of time to get to know them. For the price that Best Buy sells them for now, they are pretty decent, but thats really were they stop. They are very un-dynamic, very harsh on the top end when pushed, and the bass is never really tight or full, but rather often muddy and loose sounding. Midrange is also very lacking. I have the speakers powered with an NAD C162 2-channel preamp and C272 2-channel amplifier, with my source being a NAD C542 HDCD player, quite overkill for these speakers.

I did buy these speakers back when all I had was a Pioneer 2x100w receiver and they managed ok with that. But as I slowly upgraded all my components, I had plans to buy much higher end speakers in the first place, right now I'm fixing to go audition the B&W 804S and Monitor Audio GS60, which retail for around $4000 a pair. I paid $960 for my F-3s back 2 years ago, now you can get them for sometimes as low as $450-500 which I can see as being a pretty decent deal for this level of performance. And back when I got them I didn't really know better, I thought they sounded nice until I went to the dealer where I bought my NAD components and listened to some B&Ws, followed by the fact that I then had to go home and put up with the harsh undynamic sound the Klipsch produce.

I know this thread is really old, but I'd just like to give my long term opinion on these speakers.

I dunno how much I'm going to get for these speakers when I sell them, but I'm not expecting much. Taking into consideration the average Klipsch deprecation value, and the fact that BestBuy highly discounts them, I don't figure I'll get more than $350 a pair.

Last edited:
P

PAMBYRICH

Audiophyte
I also work at BB.
1- you can get almost all of Klipsch Synergy speakers a lot less than retail by using the BB employee accommodations page under tool kit. (pm me if you don't know how to do this) I remember seeing the F3 for $170 each tax free and shipped to your house for free.
2- Go to a BB Magnolia store (you get BB discount there too). Listen to Boston's, Def tech, Mirage and Logans before getting the Klipsch.
I unfortunately do not work at Best Buy. Can you please let me know more sbout the BB accommodations page under tool kit. Actually I am looking for only 1 F2 and I would deeply appreciate any help that you can give me at this time. Sincerely yours. Richie C. Again thank you

V

vinny13

Audiophyte
Klipsch F-3's GOOD DEAL!

I have ran many speakers, I havent heard such a good horn in 20 years with a well adjusted bass and mid. (You still need a sub if you want true bass as the artist intended though). You need to hook these speakers up Bi-Amp or kind of wasting your money, you cant have a horn and two 8" woofers eating off the same signal, you will only get a mediocre sound, not what you paid for. And that brings me to the next point, price. These speakers (when bi-amped to good receiver and eq'd properly) will sound just as well an average $800 line unpowered of course. Nothing compares to a powered pair of towers, but your gonna pay a descent amount for it and you need an outlet near by for each speaker and your sub.

FYI: In the synergy series, the speakers sonically sync themselves, so if possible, stick the series. Just dont go with the Sub-10, it has horrible reviews.

So in short, if you want a great sound with impressive style at an affordable price, go with these speakers.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord

For the record. I think the SF series Klipsch that were sold at Best Buy prior to the Synergy F series were infinitely superior.

debra allen

Audiophyte
reply klipsch synergy f-3

i have had apair of these for about 4 years i play my classic rock loud. i've had several different brands of sreakers polk audio the worst. the f3 require a large room mine is 500 sq.ft. the only problem iis you will need a sub in aroom this large.make sure you have these f-3s seperated well these are the best speakers i bought for the price.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
Original post was in 2006, most recent post before today was almost a year ago. Please try not to reserect dead threads.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Well, considering tis thread was started almost 7 (seven) years ago, (more)

...I would certainly hope that the OP has come to a decision by now.

But, they are like brussels sprouts: A perfectly fine vegetable if you like them, but many people don't.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I think it's "resurrect", and maybe the only reason the new member posted in this "dead" thread was simply because these happen to be the speakers that they enjoy in their own HT. No harm no foul, post on.
OK rant over.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I think it's "resurrect", and maybe the only reason the new member posted in this "dead" thread was simply because these happen to be the speakers that they enjoy in their own HT. No harm no foul, post on.
OK rant over.
I like the "For Sale" notice in is sig line, too.

Veddy intelesting ...and sneaky, too

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
.. As long as no one's trying to resurrect Laugh-in :)

C

CHASLS2

Audioholic Intern
I had a pair of the older F3's and they were good. Then when i jumped to the RF82's, then RF63's and the RF7's there was a big diff in the sound.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis