G

gatorz95

Audiophyte
I got ordered RF-63 towers, RC-64 center, two 5800 CDT-5800-C for the ceiling, and either 1 MartinLogan Abyss or 2 Dynamos (I ordered all 3 to test out). This will all be driven by an Elite SC-07.

My room is 18' x 23' x 12' with stone flooring.

I listened to the RF-83, but they sounded very underpowered by some Sony it was hooked up to. I listened to the RF-63 on a SC-05 and it sounded amazing, but the room is a lot smaller than mine. I figured why spring for the RF-83 when I'm happy with the 63's. I used "some" of the dollars saved an ordered an Elite Pro-151FD.

Any comments on my selections? Will I experience buyer's remorse? :eek:

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
For those that don't know, here is a little bit of info for you about Klipsch speakers.....

Even though Klipsch speakers are extremely efficient, they will clip very easily in the tweeter, so a powerful amp will make a huge difference, this is one of the reasons why people have so many problems with Klipsch speakers being harsh or very bright or fatiguing, its because the tweeters will distort easily if under powered...

I just had an audition of the new Paladiums P-39's.... Although I didn't get the chance to really let them shine this time around (sleeping baby :(), from what I heard they sounded really nice, and the cabinets are absolutely stunning, they obviously better be for $20K.... the guy is only 20mins away. http://www.klipsch.com/images/download/2118.aspx

Great choice on Plasma's, just make sure you have a good power plant for those Klipsch's and you likely won't have buyers remorse, look at the Emotiva XPA-2 for driving them, or a XPA-3 if your doing the front 3 and let the receiver drive the surrounds... Haven't heard the SC-07 hopefully it has enough power for the Klipschs... congrats buddy...

Good for you on ordering multiple subs to audition and see which is the best for you.... You are truly doing this right....

Last edited:
adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Buyers remorse for a Klipsch buyer is usually dictated by what audio they've owned in the past. For somebody who's never really owned mid-fi or hi-fi stuff usually likes the klipsch stuff due to their amazing dynamics. They present a "wow" factor out of the box that an untrained ear wont get from other speakers.

If you have been around lots of audio equipment, and you still like klipsch, theres a good chance you're one of the few that appreciates the horns. I absolutely love em for movies, that RC64 is one of the best center channels i've ever had. I did, however, find other preferences when listening to music.

I cant imagine that you wont like them. That will make a nice theater. I would have probably looked at a different sub, but you may like what you picked out.

D

Dezoris

Audioholic
I have bought several RC64s now for $350 through a partner discount. Mainly because of cost.

Let me say that I have not heard anything for under $1000 that compares for a center channel.

In my opinion having 4-6.5" drivers along with the width of the speaker is what makes the dialog sound so natural. You can be off axis by a wide margin and still have clarity. The bass is also very natural better than some models with built in subs.

I have not heard the towers so I cant say.

From my best view of taking apart the RC64 it also appears to be made in America which is a huge plus. I don't know if anyone else can confirm?

bigred7078

bigred7078

Full Audioholic
I got ordered RF-63 towers, RC-64 center, two 5800 CDT-5800-C for the ceiling, and either 1 MartinLogan Abyss or 2 Dynamos (I ordered all 3 to test out). This will all be driven by an Elite SC-07.

My room is 18' x 23' x 12' with stone flooring.

I listened to the RF-83, but they sounded very underpowered by some Sony it was hooked up to. I listened to the RF-63 on a SC-05 and it sounded amazing, but the room is a lot smaller than mine. I figured why spring for the RF-83 when I'm happy with the 63's. I used "some" of the dollars saved an ordered an Elite Pro-151FD.

Any comments on my selections? Will I experience buyer's remorse? :eek:

You will really enjoy this setup. The RF-63's are awesome awesome speakers :cool:

You might want to consider some room treatments though because of your flooring.

D

dtaylor0319

Enthusiast
I have the RF-63, RC-64 along with the RSW-10d sub driven with a Denon 2808 and i'm very happy with the performance. Hope you enjoy it as well.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis