Klipsch RP-8000F Tower Speaker Review

arancano

arancano

Audiophyte
I sit at 8'10" from the left RP-8000F and 8'5" from the right. The back of the speakers are 2' away from the front (rear) wall. They are 7' apart.

Playing live recordings of performances I attended the speakers are as accurate as they can possibly be. They integrate beautifully. Tonal balance, soundstage and imaging are spot on.

There is no hole to be heard anywhere. Anyone who knows anything about audio knows that speaker placement is critical. I have no doubt some folks measure and hear holes or whatever else they find fault with.

There is no magic formula. Play around with placement and the RP-8000F will reward you in spades. Not every speaker is responsive to correct placement. The RP-8000F is highly responsive.

Don't let someone with a self-interest in finding flaws to sell fix-it products make you lose confidence in an excellent speaker. Learn about placement. It's the freest fix of all.

X

xsander

Audiophyte
Hello,

thank you for the analysis of the speakers which makes it a fairly complete test, have you been able to compare them to the Klipsch RP -280F?

I know that the 8000f has more precision in the high frequencies as well as in the mids, but does the 280f have more punchy bass than the 8000f?

To have RP600m is the best speakers I've ever had!!!!! the son is not human!!!!

thank you

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Hello,

thank you for the analysis of the speakers which makes it a fairly complete test, have you been able to compare them to the Klipsch RP -280F?

I know that the 8000f has more precision in the high frequencies as well as in the mids, but does the 280f have more punchy bass than the 8000f?

To have RP600m is the best speakers I've ever had!!!!! the son is not human!!!!

thank you
I have not had a chance to compare them to the RP-280F, sorry.

X

xsander

Audiophyte
I have the r28f I don't know if the sound will be better than the 8000f, will I have lower or deeper bass frequencies?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I have the r28f I don't know if the sound will be better than the 8000f, will I have lower or deeper bass frequencies?
To be honest, when I look at the design differences between the RP-280F and the RP-8000F, I don't see any major changes. I wouldn't expect a radically different sound. I bet you are getting most of the quality of the RP-8000F from the RP-280F, but that is just a guess.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis