Klipsch RP 8000F or RP 8060FA, if they were the same price which would you buy?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I agree with you about Klipsch's reputation and they did earn it with a lot of their speakers, but I trust @shadyJ's impressions. He's never led me wrong before and makes a point in that review to mention that the RP 8000F is not a typical Klipsch speaker and is pretty accurate without the fatigue factor.

I'd be willing to give them a shot in my system with a good return policy.
Having heard the RP-8000F's on the same day as other speakers that are generally well recommended I was completely uninterested in them.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
My biggest dislike of the Klipsch specs is the xo point and response associated with it... and Danzilla confirmed what is perhaps a slightly colored sound compared to the JBLs.
I hope I get a chance sometime to hear the 8000s, but I do have a hard time taking them seriously when it is clear they can do better. :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Having heard the RP-8000F's on the same day as other speakers that are generally well recommended I was completely uninterested in them.
Fair enough! I did not know you had listened to them. I haven't heard them myself.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Fair enough! I did not know you had listened to them. I haven't heard them myself.
Months back I went to Simply Stereo in Illinois and listened to: Paradigm 800f, Kef q750, kef r3, focal aria 936, focal chora, and klipsch rp8000f. The Klipsch were my least favorite of the day. Now granted, they were also the least expensive, but I much preferred the Kef Q750's for just a few bucks more.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Months back I went to Simply Stereo in Illinois and listened to: Paradigm 800f, Kef q750, kef r3, focal aria 936, focal chora, and klipsch rp8000f. The Klipsch were my least favorite of the day. Now granted, they were also the least expensive, but I much preferred the Kef Q750's for just a few bucks more.
Wow Simply Stereo is still around? That was a fun place back years ago, but I haven't been there in a looong time. Nice to hear they are still kicking around, I thought those kind of old school hi-fi shops have been dead for years now.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Wow Simply Stereo is still around? That was a fun place back years ago, but I haven't been there in a looong time. Nice to hear they are still kicking around, I thought those kind of old school hi-fi shops have been dead for years now.
Yeah, they were really nice there. If I had decided to go with the Paradigms I would have bought from them.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I can testify that the Klipsch RP 8000f's are a great speaker but like me and Ryan were talking I think the JBL are better and when they go on sale they are very hard to beat for what you get for the price

I can also agree with everyone hear that you should go listen to any speaker before you buy and even then have a return policy after you try them at home if they don't work out for you

How they sound at the store and how they sound at home can be 2 different beasts

Ledformyhead

Ledformyhead

Junior Audioholic
An update here for what it's worth......in the end today I decided to go with the SVS Ultra Towers. After much research I chose to spend a little more and get what looks like a much better speaker than the Klipsch RP 8000 line. Hell the Ultras rate higher than the Klipsch RF 7 III's in many circles and those speakers are a significant step up in price from the RP 8000's. Not that price is everything of course. I'll update how these Ultra Towers work out once I receive them and break them in.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
An update here for what it's worth......in the end today I decided to go with the SVS Ultra Towers. After much research I chose to spend a little more and get what looks like a much better speaker than the Klipsch RP 8000 line. Hell the Ultras rate higher than the Klipsch RF 7 III's in many circles and those speakers are a significant step up in price from the RP 8000's. Not that price is everything of course. I'll update how these Ultra Towers work out once I receive them and break them in.
Can't wait to hear your thoughts!!!

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Yes please let us know on the SVS.

Speaking of Klipsch RF7 III's, has anyone ever tried those out? I passed an opportunity to buy the LCR on those about6-9 months ago and I kind of regret not trying them out but even at a hot deal used it was still more than I was comfortable with.

Since got the JBL set up for WAY cheaper and happy with them

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic
Yeah, forget the bouncy house speakers. In my eyes Atmos is something you do right or you just don't do it. A properly set up Atmos system can be pretty incredible. Shortcuts and bouncy house speakers, not so much. I think the most I'd be willing to compromise would be a speaker like SVS' Prime Elevation speakers mounted high on the wall and in the most optimal spot(s).

Okay, it does look like Klipsch has their "elevation" speakers too. Here's one model.

There are others too, those were just the ones at the top of my page.
I have the 8000f's they're ok. I also had the 140sa's, I would not waste my money here, just go right to the 500sa. They are superior to the 140sa's

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic
Thats interesting I also demo'd the paradigm 7f's at Simply stereo. They were amazing, but damn....cha ching.....just so happened that they had taken in a pair of Salon Ultima 2's as a trade in for the paradigm 9h's. And Dave gave me a deal too good to pass. I bought those pre-owned salon and his demo anthem power amp. Dave was so cool, he even threw in all my hardware and a dac. he came over to the house and downloaded some software for me and hooked it all up. Super cool guy. I can't wait to go back there and get the anthem pre amp. Maybe a Christmas gift for myself. feel free to come over and listen to these salons
They moved to Palatine this past April. I bought my very first stereo from them back in 1986. And what I just spent there last march, probably my last stereo. Anthem power amp and a pair of salon ultima 2's!!!

E

EscapeV3locity

Junior Audioholic
I've decided to hold off on the 8060s that are in stock and at the very least wait on the RP 8000Fs
Did you finally get the 8000F? How does it sound? I'm in the market and looking at this same speaker and wanted to get your 2nd opinion. I just demoed these today and they sounded as good as the Paradigm Premier 800F to my ears with all things being equal.

B

Bill T

Audiophyte
I just pulled the trigger on the 8060's just off of reviews online and a sale price. I haven't upgraded my B&W 601 S3 bookshelf speakers in over 16 years. I get them delivered Friday. Should be a fun day.

E

EscapeV3locity

Junior Audioholic
I ended up buying the Paradigm Prestige 85F and they are incredible, I have no regrets. Both movies and music sound amazing.

Ledformyhead

Ledformyhead

Junior Audioholic
Did you finally get the 8000F? How does it sound? I'm in the market and looking at this same speaker and wanted to get your 2nd opinion. I just demoed these today and they sounded as good as the Paradigm Premier 800F to my ears with all things being equal.
As I stated earlier I ended up going with the SVS Ultra Towers and it's been over a year now and I have absolutely no regrets. They sound like they should cost a grand or two more. Deep tight bass, fluid natural midrange and a nice non-fatiguing high end with the tweeters. Great for 2 channel listening, which I do a lot of and also great in my home theater surround system. Ended up getting them for about $1800.00 new when it was all said and done. Can't go wrong at that price.

Ledformyhead

Ledformyhead

Junior Audioholic
I just pulled the trigger on the 8060's just off of reviews online and a sale price. I haven't upgraded my B&W 601 S3 bookshelf speakers in over 16 years. I get them delivered Friday. Should be a fun day.
Let us know what you think once you get a chance to run them in.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis