Klipsch RF-83 or Acoustic Zen Adagio

C

Chipbyrd

Audioholic Intern
Hello, I have a pair of Klipsch RF-83's that I have really enjoyed. But alas, the upgrade bug has bitten! I am going to pick up a pair of Acoustic Zen Adagios next week. The pair I like best I will keep. I was wondering if anyone has heard both of these and where their preferences would fall? Thanks.

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
I really enjoyed Acoustic Zen's offerings at RMAF, so I am looking forward to your impressions. I know which speaker I'd choose, but I will keep quiet until you've formulated your opinion. :) Do keep us posted.

C

Chipbyrd

Audioholic Intern
Opinions

Actually, I want opinions. In the end, my ears will guide me. But I find it helpful to hear other's views, as it gives me clues to listen for. Thanks.

C

Chipbyrd

Audioholic Intern
Update Bug

And I should mention, if there is little difference or I am not blown away by the Acoustic Zens, I may be trying out some Tyler D2's or MM5's. But... first things first!

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Ok, fine, although I'm not sure why you would want to subject yourself to such prejudicial thoughts of others. Ultimately it's your ears that matter the most.

I don't personally like the RF-83 that much.

Never heard the Adagio.

My wild guess is that you'll prefer the Adagio, just make sure they have the capacity (and you have sufficient amps) for them to fill your space. They are ~10db/w less sensitive than the Klipsch.

Didn't you just get a pair of used Klipsch fortes too? Even those are better than RF83.

It sounds like you are doing the audition of the Adagios, and possibly others, in your home, which is the only way to do it properly. Thumbs up on that. Have fun, and don't forget about the music!

C

Chipbyrd

Audioholic Intern
Yep,

I am picking up some Fortes at the same time I pick up the Adagios. The RF-83's are all but sold. I heard the Adagios (although not in my house) and was greatly pleased. The Fortes (and a pair of Chorus will be connected to an Onkyo M-504 and P-304. The Adagios will be powered by Cambridge separates. My source will be digital in both cases. I will keep you posted.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis