Klipsch RF-7 III and RC-64 III consumer review

R

R.Elder

Audioholic
First off is size and finish. These things are a few inches taller than the RP 8000F and a little wider. The finish and build quality is amazing. They feel like tanks and the veneer is several levels better than the nice veneer they use on the 8000F. I know some people are disappointed by the fact that they don’t make these in piano finish but find somewhere to go look at them. You might be pleasantly surprised by just how nice the finish is.

My listening space is monstrous. The room is 23x22 with 17 foot high ceilings and walls that rise up to 14 feet. The open floor plan is adjacent to the kitchen which is open to the living room. The speakers fill this space wonderfully and I notice little change as I move about in the room leading me to believe there axis response is excellent.

Sound quality is fantastic. The 1 3/4” tweeters that they use are sharp and responsive. I’ve never experienced highs as crisp and clean. I don’t find them the least bit fatiguing. The pair of 10” woofers produce great mid bass and seem to get down pretty low. I set my Yamaha to 8 ohm and a crossed over at 40hz l. Subs are still nice for music but certainly not mandatory for most types of music.

Movies have been great and the RC 64iii is an amazing center channel that articulates dialogue at low or high levels masterfully. There dynamism is unquestionable and they make a great trio of fronts for movies.

Music has been great. I haven’t heard a lot of things I hadn’t heard before but I have heard it cleaner crisper and sharper than ever before. The imaging is fantastic with the RF-7 iii. They can completely wrap you in beautiful music or setup a great front stage and make you feel like they are performing in your den.

I have the speakers about 15 inches from the wall to the back of the speaker and enclosure and about 30 inches from the walls. They are roughly 12 feet apart with the listening position about 12 feet away.

I will add to this thread when I get time to move the 8000s to the front and do some head to head a/b type comparisons.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
First off is size and finish. These things are a few inches taller than the RP 8000F and a little wider. The finish and build quality is amazing. They feel like tanks and the veneer is several levels better than the nice veneer they use on the 8000F. I know some people are disappointed by the fact that they don’t make these in piano finish but find somewhere to go look at them. You might be pleasantly surprised by just how nice the finish is.

My listening space is monstrous. The room is 23x22 with 17 foot high ceilings and walls that rise up to 14 feet. The open floor plan is adjacent to the kitchen which is open to the living room. The speakers fill this space wonderfully and I notice little change as I move about in the room leading me to believe there axis response is excellent.

Sound quality is fantastic. The 1 3/4” tweeters that they use are sharp and responsive. I’ve never experienced highs as crisp and clean. I don’t find them the least bit fatiguing. The pair of 10” woofers produce great mid bass and seem to get down pretty low. I set my Yamaha to 8 ohm and a crossed over at 40hz l. Subs are still nice for music but certainly not mandatory for most types of music.

Movies have been great and the RC 64iii is an amazing center channel that articulates dialogue at low or high levels masterfully. There dynamism is unquestionable and they make a great trio of fronts for movies.

Music has been great. I haven’t heard a lot of things I hadn’t heard before but I have heard it cleaner crisper and sharper than ever before. The imaging is fantastic with the RF-7 iii. They can completely wrap you in beautiful music or setup a great front stage and make you feel like they are performing in your den.

I have the speakers about 15 inches from the wall to the back of the speaker and enclosure and about 30 inches from the walls. They are roughly 12 feet apart with the listening position about 12 feet away.

I will add to this thread when I get time to move the 8000s to the front and do some head to head a/b type comparisons.
Thank you so much for posting this! I've been very interested in these speakers as you know from some of our dialogue back and forth!

R

R.Elder

Audioholic
Thank you so much for posting this! I've been very interested in these speakers as you know from some of our dialogue back and forth!
I did a bunch of listening in 2 channel and two channel + subs this last weekend. They actually move a good deal of air. I could obviously tell when I turned it to pure direct or turned off the subs but having listened to music longer than I’ve had subwoofers I could appreciate the their solid effort on bass. Some songs they definitely surprised me at how low they could dig (imagine dragons). I didn’t expect them to dig that low. I mention this because I think this is what I’ll most notice when I compare them head to head. The high end is what I most notice more detail and nuance in. * edit.
What I most notice as compares to the much less touted r28-f. I got the 8000f at the same time as the RF-7iii.

Y

Ybills15

Enthusiast
I have a pair of 8000f's and 504c and I absolutely love them. I usually play music as well through my center channel when listening to music as I love the dynamics it gives the vocals! Would love to hear your comparison of the two as the RP 8000f's are on sale right now and it's hard to justify spending over 3x as much on the upgrade.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis