RC-7 center mint cond 10/10 List$800ea sell for $475
RF-35 mint 10/10 List $999pr sell for $575pr
RB-15 bookshelf mint List$299pr sell for$175pr
Aw525 outdoor new in box List$400pr sell for $225pr
Local pickup only cash only

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
Last time I tried to ship Reference to my install site 250 miles away with FedEx the speakers were damaged beyond believe and I ended up eating the cost because they said the factory packing was no good
I am not taking any more chances sorry.

Klipsch deos not allow transhipping any of its products. If you buy Klpsch on-line consider your warranty void Thus the reason for local pickup;)

D

df4801

Banned
NOT TRUE!

I bought brand new Klipsch speakers off ubid, and they came with full factory warranty. Checked with the factory just to make sure.
Shipped to me without a problem. (they were packaged correctly)

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
Before you call something untrue you better do your research and check the warning on the Klipsch site!

Klipsch may make the eception with discontinued product or factory "B" stock

I guess me having the privilege of talking to a factory Klipsch Rep on a daily basis holds no weight at all:rolleyes:

Just in case you care to read it here it is One more thing I have had many calls from folks who bought on-line E-bay now looking for factory support In some cases I can help them but most of the time I cant because product is Gray market or even knock off. They call me because I am an authorized dealer as listed on the Klipsch dealer locator.. But what do I know:D

Klipsch home audio products are sold in the United States through a network of authorized dealers selected by Klipsch. This dealer network consists solely of dealers with physical storefronts. Some dealers may have Internet sites on which they also promote Klipsch products. Klipsch dealers have been chosen for their ability to properly represent, demonstrate, sell and, in most cases, service Klipsch products. There are no authorized Klipsch dealers who sell current Klipsch home audio products only from an Internet or auction-type website. Klipsch provides a warranty on products sold only by our authorized dealers.
Unfortunately, Klipsch products are sometimes sold by companies that are not authorized to do so. Goods sold by these unauthorized companies are not purchased from Klipsch; instead they are acquired from a host of other sources. Klipsch products sold by unauthorized dealers sometimes are:

(1) Purchased on a secondary "gray" market;

(2) Pirated goods not produced by Klipsch;

(3) Damaged, defective or so-called "B" stock goods; or

(4) Stolen goods

Many times, these products have serial numbers that have been changed or even removed all together by the unauthorized reseller. Any product represented to be built by Klipsch that does not have a serial number issued by Klipsch should be held suspect by the customer. Removal or alteration of the original Klipsch serial number will automatically void the warranty on that product. Unauthorized dealers either knowingly deceive the consumer by telling them the product is covered by the manufacturer's warranty, or they attempt to make repairs themselves. Repairs made by an unauthorized dealer may not meet Klipsch standards due to the use of inappropriate parts or repair by untrained personnel. Some unauthorized resellers remove serial numbers and warranty registration cards or replace our mailing address with their own to avoid detection. For that reason, if your new Klipsch product has no serial number or an obviously altered serial number label, or if there are not matching serial numbers both on the product and on a bar code label on the Klipsch box it was received in, immediately contact whoever you purchased that product from for resolution. Also, if there is no warranty card, or if the mailing address on the card is not either P.O. Box 688, Hope, AR 71802 or 3502 Woodview Trace, Suite 200, Indianapolis, IN 46268 or you are directed to not send in a warranty card to Klipsch, you should immediately contact whoever you purchased that product from for resolution. The best resolution would be shipment back to that seller for a full refund.

Many web sites change names and locations frequently so they cannot be reached to solve customer problems. Other sites simply go out of business. Due to the nature of the goods sold by unauthorized dealers and their business practices, products sold by unauthorized dealers are not entitled to Klipsch warranty coverage. We are using our best efforts (including this warning) to prohibit these companies from taking advantage of consumers, but these practices still exist. We urge you to use diligence when selecting a dealer to make your purchase.

The following method will determine if a dealer in question is authorized to sell current Klipsch home audio products. Click on "Dealer Locator" at the top of this page, choose the type of Klipsch home audio product you are looking for, then enter your zip or postal code (US and Canada) and click "Find". Outside of the US and Canada, choose a country and click "Find". This will give you a list of all authorized dealers you can purchase current Klipsch home audio products from for self-installation. Most Klipsch authorized contractors and home theater installation companies can also be found under the "Architectural Audio" product series. For any other questions, please call 1-800-KLIPSCH to speak with a customer service representative.

Unauthorized Dealer Warning ©2006 Klipsch Audio Technologies. All rights reserved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
That is intersting. Ubid is a pretty respectable site. They had to go through hoops to get approval from Denon and Yamaha to sell their merchandise. Yamaha won't even allow a warranty on RXV models, so Ubid states on the RXV models "30 day warranty through Ubid."

I'm leaning towards the notion Ubid may be a legit Klipsch dealer, and Klipsch didn't update this on their website (I just checked, it's not there). I would have called Klipsch at 800-554-7724, but they close 5pm EST.

Ubid couldn't afford to give out 5 year "factory warranties" on speakers.
Ubid even goes so far as to say
"FREE SHIPPING!!!
FACTORY AUTHORIZED!!!!
5 YEAR FACTORY WARRANTY IS VALID!!!" on the center channel.

Here's some examples - scroll down to see the warranty info.

http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?AuctionId=601522881

http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?AuctionId=601522857

http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?AuctionId=601522865

http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?AuctionId=901121208

http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?AuctionId=601522825

http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?AuctionId=601522841

Last edited:
RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
Those are old discontinued products The SB; SC stuff is pre 2004 price sheet
You will more than likely also see some of the current out of date reference stuff there after the new Reference models start to ship. But we were talking current SKU's like the ones I have listed;)

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
RLA: Those are old discontinued products The SB; SC stuff is pre 2004 price sheet
To the lay person, it would appear they are getting newly released merchandise if you go to the website.

The SS1, KSW12, SF1, and the two you stated - SC1 and SB2 are all on the current site.

So did Klipsch update drivers or cabinets, and keep the same model number? Or are they about to render the above "old" and replace them with new models - as they are doing with the Reference series?

It's very confusing if you're not up on their new product release dates and "pre 2004 price sheet". :confused:

D

df4801

Banned
RLA,
"But what do I know"

Well, apparently not all you should.

Did you not read my post? I talked to Klipsch before I bought. Who knows, maybe they lied to me.
But I received, new in original box, speakers with warranty card, serial numbers and info. (and a 5 year warranty)

By the way, also saved about 75% off list.
WOW, you dealers make a nice markup!
Thanks goodness for the internet. LOL

edit - also, Onecall.com has "current" klipsch inventory and says they are "authorized". However, I didnt ask Klipsch about onecall.

Last edited:
RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
Did you not read my post? I talked to Klipsch before I bought. Who knows, maybe they lied to me.
But I received, new in original box, speakers with warranty card, serial numbers and info. (and a 5 year warranty)
Thats nice! and if you read my post you would have read that I said that sometimes you can buy older SKU's online and many times Auction sites and Costco will buy large lots of discontinued product.

BTW does my AD have any SB or SC SKU's I thought I was selling Reference
speakers. The SB and SC are in the 2001 dealer price sheet They may well be listed on the Klipsch site, Heck the old Legend series from the 90's are still on there. I have no idea whats going on with the OneCall site All I can do is direct you to the warning that is posted on the Klipsch site you can make whatever buying decision you want but if you get knock offs on e-bay
you have live with them unless you have a white van handy;)

D

df4801

Banned
Has speaker technology improved that much in the past few years??? Or even the past 10 years?

For the true audiophille (maybe 1% of us), possibly it has. I'm in the other 99% group. Give me my 75% off list! I gaurantee I wont be able to tell (or hear) the difference. Except now my back hurts from carrying around my heavy wallet.

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
75% off list is way below dealer cost and most likely near or below manufactures cost you got a great deal. You can’t compare the SB series to the Reference series Or even the new Synergy series. The Reference series is the top of the line and the older SB series was entry-level The SB series were good speakers but it is an apples and oranges compairison. Technology in the Klipsch line has advanced rapidly.

New driver technology and enclosure designs have made a dramatic difference. If you want to see what the entry level Reference RB-15 looks like read this http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/loudspeakers/SpeakerFaceOffVIp3.php

Its up to the individual to decide if it worth it. If there were only minor differences everyone would have entry-level systems and there would be no reason to upgrade

D

df4801

Banned
Good points RLA,
But they were reference custom series speakers,
whatever that means.

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
Dont know I have never heard of Ref Custom series I looked all they way back to the 1995 price sheet. The only thing that I know of that Klipsch designates, as custom series is the in-walls. The SB -Sc series were current in 1998 and 1999 and the old Reference series RP-3,RP-5,RC-3,RB-5 ect...
Were current in 2000 and discontinued in late 2002 and replaced with current
Reference models that are now set to be replaced this spring with yet another Reference Model

If you look on the back of the speaker you can find the model # with that I can tell you what years they were current unless they were produced by Klipsch for other markets

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis