Klipsch Reference RP-1600SW vs PSA EV1813M

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

Here’s someone’s in room measurements. It’s for a different sub, but there are others out there.
Anyone can get a deep in-room response with a lot of subs, so the question is how does it scale when the loudness increases? A deep in-room at a nominal level should not impress on its own.

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
What is it about the Klipsch and PSA subs that interests you particularly? Are there any measurements available for the PSA?
PSA over Klipsch all day.

Your room is huge. Get a TV1813 or the M to save on some $$ then when your budget permits, get a 2nd one.

Here are some measurements.

PSA is legit.

Erin tested some PSA speakers. Word on the street is, he will be testing one of their subs.

Last edited:
A

aldburg

Audiophyte
I recently ordered a PSA EV1813M. Looking forward to getting it this week.

K

kini

Full Audioholic
PSA over Klipsch all day.

Your room is huge. Get a TV1813 or the M to save on some $$ then when your budget permits, get a 2nd one.

Here are some measurements.

PSA is legit.

Erin tested some PSA speakers. Word on the street is, he will be testing one of their subs.

The subs may very well perform great, but the AVS group is way too fanatic about all things PSA. The speakers are hyped to ridiculous heights, yet are ordinary, overpriced ugly black boxes, IME. The speaker review shows that. The only thing they have going for them is decent sensitivity. Other than that there are a myriad of speakers that will sound better at the same or less price.

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
The subs may very well perform great, but the AVS group is way too fanatic about all things PSA. The speakers are hyped to ridiculous heights, yet are ordinary, overpriced ugly black boxes, IME. The speaker review shows that. The only thing they have going for them is decent sensitivity. Other than that there are a myriad of speakers that will sound better at the same or less price.
I would rather support any ID brand than conglomerates. Im not saying you are saying to support conglomerates. Some Other conglomerate brands ( I won't name names) that are cheaper than these are complete garbage.

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
PSA subs are excellent. Erin will test some soon.

They are not filled with Snake oil ( like other conglomerates) let's not forget Tom V ( PSA owner) is the V in SVS to give some backstory.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I've never heard PSA subs. I have a Rythmik FV15HP however. If you can find one used I would recommend. Not sure if anyone can indicate how the Rythmik would compare to a comparably priced PSA

I had the previous generation of Klipsch 15 inch subs. I think the newer ones are better and the ones I had were not bad but I wouldn't recommend them vs the other options Shady and others have recommended

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
Rythmik makes fantastic subs. I have owned a FVX12 FV15HP and FV18 excellent subs!

A

aldburg

Audiophyte
I got my PSA EV1813M and calibrated it last night on my Denon S970h. I watched the Dark Knight Rises on 4K Blu-ray, which was phenomenal.

The question is what do I do with my SVS SB-3000? I recently just put it on top of my PSA EV1813M and turned it on and it sounded pretty good. Here's a picture of my seating arrangement. I would imagine moving the subs apart would require REW and some serious calibration due to the phase difference. Should I abandon trying to use them together? My seating is symmetrical about my subwoofer(s) so I don't have to worry about other seating locations.

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
I got my PSA EV1813M and calibrated it last night on my Denon S970h. I watched the Dark Knight Rises on 4K Blu-ray, which was phenomenal.

The question is what do I do with my SVS SB-3000? I recently just put it on top of my PSA EV1813M and turned it on and it sounded pretty good. Here's a picture of my seating arrangement. I would imagine moving the subs apart would require REW and some serious calibration due to the phase difference. Should I abandon trying to use them together? My seating is symmetrical about my subwoofer(s) so I don't have to worry about other seating locations.
Mixing Sealed and Ported isn't easy. It can be done, but you would need a Mini-Dsp-HD
I would just get a 2nd matching sub.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
You can't make a corellation between the speakers and subs based on the performance of one or the other. I didn't find anything special about the speakers either(I sent the PSA speakers to Erin), but the subs really are exceptional and have the measurements to back then up.
Any reason you returned your PSA subs? Also have you had Rythmik for comparison?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis