Klipsch Reference 8000F II vs Tannoy Revolution XT8F

U

ulises

Audiophyte
Hello, I am very interested in your Klipsch Reference 8000F II. I would like to ask you if anyone has had the opportunity to compare these two loudspeakers. They do have two 8 inch (20cm) boomers but technologically different. Tannoy Revolution was released in 2014 and Klipsch 8000F II in 2022.

I had thought of the Polh R700s but several shops in Spain and France told me that I might be a little disappointed by the sound of the Polk R700s when you have Tannoy Revolution XT8Fs.

I remember certain American amplifiers that I bought in France (Sherwood Newcastle) whose "live" sound I loved.

I wonder if it would be a good idea to replace the Tannoys with the Klipschs.

I own Onkyo Rz50+Onkyo A-9130 (incredible amplifier which replaced my Audiolab 6000A, Musical fidelity m2si, Cambridge cxa81) + Zidoo neo S+ Tannoy Revolution xt8f in front, Tannoy Revolution xt6f in back and Tannoy revolution xtc in front.

Thank you for your feedback

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Hello, I am very interested in your Klipsch Reference 8000F II. I would like to ask you if anyone has had the opportunity to compare these two loudspeakers. They do have two 8 inch (20cm) boomers but technologically different. Tannoy Revolution was released in 2014 and Klipsch 8000F II in 2022.

I had thought of the Polh R700s but several shops in Spain and France told me that I might be a little disappointed by the sound of the Polk R700s when you have Tannoy Revolution XT8Fs.

I remember certain American amplifiers that I bought in France (Sherwood Newcastle) whose "live" sound I loved.

I own Onkyo Rz50+Onkyo A-9130 (incredible amplifier which replaced my Audiolab 6000A, Musical fidelity m2si, Cambridge cxa81) + Zidoo neo S+ Tannoy Revolution xt8f in front, Tannoy Revolution xt6f in back and Tannoy revolution xtc in front.

I would go for the Polks before the Tannoys or Klipsch speakers. Tannoy and Klipsch will have hotter treble, but the Polks will have balanced treble. The Polks will also dig deeper. Tannoys have never solved the problem of throat diffraction in the waveguide, but Klipsch has. The shop owners advising you to go with Tannoy over Polk are either deaf or trying to squeeze more money out of you.

squared80

squared80

Enthusiast
Tannoy and Klipsch will have hotter treble
Have you actually listened to the 8000F's? The Klipsch RP- line doesn't not have 'hotter treble' like the older Reference series. Maybe you're just referring to their horn sound.

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
Have you actually listened to the 8000F's? The Klipsch RP- line doesn't not have 'hotter treble' like the older Reference series. Maybe you're just referring to their horn sound.
I thought the same thing about Klipsch RP towers not realizing how hot they sounded until I did a direct side by side listening test with the Philharmonic BMR Towers. It was an eye opener. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. I wish I could replace all my Klipsch speakers now.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Relative to the Polks, the Klipsch would have somewhat hotter treble, but it's not bad, at least for the past two generations of RP-8000s. Angling the speakers outward a bit does help soften the treble too.

D

diwit

Audioholic Intern

I own Onkyo Rz50+Onkyo A-9130 (incredible amplifier which replaced my Audiolab 6000A, Musical fidelity m2si, Cambridge cxa81) + Zidoo neo S+ Tannoy Revolution xt8f in front epoxy flooring Salt Lake City, Tannoy Revolution xt6f in back and Tannoy revolution xtc in front.

Which speakers are best?

Dali Zensor 7
Monitor Audio Bronze 6
Jamo C97
Tannoy Mercury 7.4

or is it worth to stretch more and get

Tannoy Revolution XT 8F?

Thanks.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com