Klipsch R820f vs Polk Audio LSiM705

S

Scronald345

Audiophyte
I bought the Klipsch R820f towers, R34c, and 12"sub because they were a great buy (50% off). Now that I have them setup, I'm not sure I'm stuck on the sound of the horns and visual appearance of all pieces. I'm thinking of returning everything and purchasing Polk LSIM705s instead. I would also change my center to match which means trading in R34c for polks 706c.

Will there be a noticeable difference in sound quality fir the extra spend? Haven't seen any comparisons out there on these big box store speakers...

I have a pioneer SC1228. Will this be sufficient until I can upgrade? I hear the polks need lots of power. My reciever was apparently no joke, but that was like 8 years ago..lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hard to tell you what speakers you might like better. Maybe expand beyond big box offerings. Lots of great internet direct stuff as well as diy out there (altho diy you're somewhat stuck with your finishing skills for aesthetic :) ).

Your avr has sufficient power for many speakers, don't worry about it. Polks always seem to need more power than they do according to their fanbois. Meh.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
The LSiM Polks are awesome IMO. How are you getting them? Seem to be hard to find since they are discontinued

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I would check out them Polk LSiM speakers ... If you have decent ears, then you should notice a clear difference

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis