Klipsch r-625fa/Denon X4700H

G

Genchic

Junior Audioholic
After running the Audyssey calibration I found Dynamic EQ Reference settings sounds the best. Dynamic volume is always off.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

G

Genchic

Junior Audioholic
It is interesting. My goal is not to get complicated, but to simplify settings and get the best sound possible through 2 channels. I only have 3 speakers and 2 subs. It shouldn't be difficult at all, but when I start getting into adjustments after Audyssey setup or manual, at some point I get lost and sound gets messed up, so I have to start all over again. There is a learning curve for me, and it make the process interesting as well. In a past month I learned about audio more than I learned for the last decade, because of this.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Your avr can remember preferred settings for you to an extent, too.

G

Genchic

Junior Audioholic
Yea, you're right. I have been saving them to USB drive as well. If I start over, I try something different, and get different results. Unfortunately, I didn't get to the point when I'm completely satisfied with the sound. I came close once. That time I didn't run Audyssey, set everything up manually, I only used manual EQ. It was good for the exception of bass. Recently I learned that I need to set bass between +3 to +6 dB over 75. I will try it next. Reset it all, setup manually and I will buy the Audyssey soft, to set it up. I'll let you know how it goes.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It can be hard for some to find one set of settings that work well for both movie and music preferences. Might investigate what are called the quick select functions (see page 151 of your pdf manual).

G

Genchic

Junior Audioholic
I most definitely will. Thank you for your advice.

G

Genchic

Junior Audioholic
FYI, Stopped by Costco today. Subwoofers R-12SW $80.00 off of $249.00 in store.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did you pay 330? Our local costco had them for 250 also. Maybe you can get them to price match or something?

G

Genchic

Junior Audioholic
It's $170 each. They pricematched the 2 I got earlier. $340 + tax for both.

G

Genchic

Junior Audioholic
Finally I got time to play with Audyssey. I purchased the app for iPhone. Watcher planty of YouTube about it. The most helpful was this one:

After playing with it for a few days, I still like my manual setup, with MultEQ off.
May be all this Audyssey technology is good for 11 channels surround that I don't have, but I could not believe that setting up 3 speakers and 2 subs system can get so complicated. I'm sure I purchased a wrong receiver for my application. Should've done my homework and not to listen Best Buy sales person.

Well, I'm glad I got my sound, not quite, but close to where I want it to be.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Finally I got time to play with Audyssey. I purchased the app for iPhone. Watcher planty of YouTube about it. The most helpful was this one:

After playing with it for a few days, I still like my manual setup, with MultEQ off.
May be all this Audyssey technology is good for 11 channels surround that I don't have, but I could not believe that setting up 3 speakers and 2 subs system can get so complicated. I'm sure I purchased a wrong receiver for my application. Should've done my homework and not to listen Best Buy sales person.

Well, I'm glad I got my sound, not quite, but close to where I want it to be.

You'd have to detail what particularly you did to see if you really covered the setup possibiities. Hard to know what your expectations were let alone why in hell you'd listen to a Best Buy sales person in the first place. What is your manual setup particularly? The avr is fairly representative of what's out there with minor differences among particular dsp applications. What do you want your sound "to be" and what are you basing that on with your particular choice of speakers (the avr doesn't matter as much)?

G

Genchic

Junior Audioholic
Great point. I knew better not to listen the Best Buy sales person. But, having a good experience with Denon I had no doubts that I’m making the right choice. After playing with the 4700 a little more I actually started liking it a lot. Here are my latest settings
IMG_0035.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis