Klipsch r-625fa/Denon X4700H

G

Genchic

Junior Audioholic
I hope this will help to somebody with similar issues with Audyssey.
The Audyssey set my speakers to large and crossovers to 40 Hz for both, front and center. I changed them to small and changed the crossovers to 60/80. Even though my center channel is capable to handle lower frequencies, I still cut it off at 80 due to speech quality when watching movies.
I zeroed out the Level Db. As it gave me a good starting point to adjust them inside the AVR.
Heigh frequency fall off I picked #1
I turned off mid range compensation
As you see I boosted highs in curve editor for front and center channel.
I kept frequency range all the way, otherwise my curve editor would not work.
I kept Dynamic EQ on. As it keeps the Lows in good level when I cannot play music loud.
After uploading this to my Receiver, I tweaked some settings for different sound modes, but not so much.
Finally I completely satisfied with the sound I get out of my set.
As reference sound I used “Romeo and Juliet, Dance of Knights” by Prokofiev played by London symphony orkestra conducted by Gergiev. In the beginning the bass is very pronounced, you have to feel it with your stomach. And the snare drum right befor the 1st part has to stand out, not to get mixed into the rest of the orchestra.
After I perfected this p, I ran a few other sound tests with some Michael Jackson songs, and some songs recommended by Audioholics.
Once again, hope it helps to other music lovers that suffer with Audyssey setup.
P. S.
Pardon my spelling and typos. English is my second language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis