Klipsch F-300 Synergy Black Label

M

Merkules2001

Audioholic
Any opinions on these speakers? Huge sale. 300 pair. Yes/No/Maybe

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I don't have any revelations for you on the Synergy series in question except to say they are not current Klipsch technology. Most of what Klipsch is putting out these days all looks the same on the outside: but the under the covers tech does vary quite a bit. Its hard to get a read on these for "age" but the owners manual is Copyright 2010 for the Synergy F300. If the speakers had a 2 year production run that would mean they may have been taken out of the current production status in about 2012, give or take.

The only places you'll see these for sale is on some sort of barn burner sale. Nobody is stocking them and selling them as current technology. Having said all that, is a speaker that could have been sitting in a warehouse new in the box for nearly 10 years worth $299 bucks? I guess it depends on what you have plans for that could also use $299 bucks.

I would suspect they would sound just fine if you like the Klipsch sound and at that price its hard to go wrong.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Any opinions on these speakers? Huge sale. 300 pair. Yes/No/Maybe
Depends if you like bright speakers I have there bestbuy identical model icon . Tend to be overly treble heavy , hurts my left ear .
For a very large room or a medium room would be perfect . Perhaps they are just too large for my bedroom . Using duel 6.5” towers as the 8” were too big ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
There is an older review of the synergy system here on Audioholics that is quite positive. My system is the Synergy series with F-30 towers and I enjoy it.

M

Merkules2001

Audioholic
Tnx guys. Most reviews were really positive, but after this Corona Stock plunge. Think I will stay.

J

JBLdave

Audiophyte
These just popped up on my "great deals" site this morning. After reading about how old they might be. I'm thinking they are some knockoff counterfeit speakers.

M

Merkules2001

Audioholic
These just popped up on my "great deals" site this morning. After reading about how old they might be. I'm thinking they are some knockoff counterfeit speakers.
They are new. On the klipsch page now.

A

Atxdacosta

Audiophyte
What “Great Deals” site can you find these
f-300 speakers for $300? I am in the market for some duel 8 Klipsch.

S

Sleqzypig

Audioholic Intern
Just spend a little more cash and get a pair of speakers from the normal reference series.

A

ArJuna

Audiophyte
What “Great Deals” site can you find these
f-300 speakers for $300? I am in the market for some duel 8 Klipsch.
From Klipsch direct I just saw them for less than $300. I found a deal just two weeks ago at Crutchfield on a pair of RP-280F for $399 each. I jumped on it and upgraded from the RP-260F, so not a ton of difference, especially since I have R-115SW subs. I am driving the mains with a separate amp from my Denon 125w/ch AVR to reduce the 7.2.4 load on the AVR and to give the mains a full 150w/ch RMS (Emotiva Bas-X A-300 BTW). The RP-280 is better match the rest of my system and they strain less than the RP-260 at reference levels.

M

Merkules2001

Audioholic
From Klipsch direct I just saw them for less than $300. I found a deal just two weeks ago at Crutchfield on a pair of RP-280F for $399 each. I jumped on it and upgraded from the RP-260F, so not a ton of difference, especially since I have R-115SW subs. I am driving the mains with a separate amp from my Denon 125w/ch AVR to reduce the 7.2.4 load on the AVR and to give the mains a full 150w/ch RMS (Emotiva Bas-X A-300 BTW). The RP-280 is better match the rest of my system and they strain less than the RP-260 at reference levels.
Nice system. The r-115sw is a beast. I saw those rp280f on ebay, same price 800. I now have 2 canton le190 mains, 2 rp160m, r112sw, onkyo 709 pushing mains, audiosource eq11, just today acquired an onkyo a-8048v to push side on music. If I can sell the Cantons I'm debating Rp280f or Heresy. The rp could be cherry to match timber, idk I like trying out vintage.

P

Pearman

Audiophyte
Klipsch has the F-300s on their website for $274 a tower

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis