M

mbl11428

Audioholic Intern
I'm trying to start a home theater setup on a relatively modest budget and the KLH Kendall towers were recommended to me. Does anyone have any experience with these?

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
Their specs are pretty inflated and at $1300 a pair there’s definitely better choices IMO.

A friend of mine had the Albany’s (their bookshelf version) and he said it was a very boring speaker. Not really good for anything. Will be returning them and return to his Martin Logan LX16’s.

I’d guess the Kendall would resemble that but with a bit more bass.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I think these were reviewed on that other site earlier this year. As I recall, pretty positive. There was supposed to be a follow up in HT usage as opposed to just a review of the towers. Maybe see if you can find that. :)

M

mbl11428

Audioholic Intern
Another relatively inexpensive set that was recommended were the Definitive technology BP9040. Problem is I don't have a lot of great home theater store options outside of best buy/magnolia where I can actually go listen to products and compare.

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
Can’t recommend that either.

Look for speakers that have a free return policy.

That way you can hear more. Listening is believing.

SVS, RSL, HTD to name a few with free return shipping.

JBL/Harman too.

Look for measurements also. Flat frequency response is king.

This is a very condensed version of the research done, but I believe 70% of the time the better measuring speaker will sound the best. Others may correct me on this, I cannot remember all of the details at this moment.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I heard these at a trade show, they wounded fine to me in room, however the measurements for them are not exactly neutral.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Right now Klipsch has the RP-8000F's on sale for ~1000 per pair at many retailers. It would be hard for me to recommend anything else in that price range right now.

M

mbl11428

Audioholic Intern
What would you recommend looking at in the SVS line? A local retailer wants to show me the Prime tower

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
Anything but the bookshelves IMO.

Of course I think there’s better options out there but many aren’t available at a retailer.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
What would you recommend looking at in the SVS line? A local retailer wants to show me the Prime tower
Look at them, but I would urge you to consider the newer prime pinnacles. They are more expensive, but according to the review here at AH, are a very nice upgrade from the original primes and worth the cost.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis