nick_danger

nick_danger

Audioholic
I can tell right now this may wind up a popular DVD when it arrives due to the powerful audio and beautiful backdrops, but the movie itself was really unremarkable. Spend three hours tweaking your home theater and you'll thank me later.

The acting was a tad on the cheesy side, the scene transitions were confusing, and the characters were boring. Orlando Bloom makes a sweet Elven archer... not much else. I pretended to fall asleep several times during the preview screening in the hopes of making a point, but there was actually a point that I nodded off.

When there was action, it was extensive, but suprisingly tame. It's just a lot of the standard choppy-framerate-shaky-camera hack'n'slash you've seen everywhere else. You never actually see anyone lose a head or apendage, unlike Gladiator and Braveheart, which are bounds better than this feature... and I'm not just saying that due to the lack of violence.

The historical accuracy of the Crusades were also forgone to feed us a preachy, politically correct message. I anticipated it would be like this, so I tried to ignore it, but Ridley Scott went out of his way to make a statement rather than tell a story. I walked out of the theater uninspired and slightly confused... unlike Braveheart and Gladiator.

At least the tickets were free!

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
The historical accuracy of the Crusades were also forgone to feed us a preachy, politically correct message.
Really, all of my fancy college learnin' in such subjects as: History of Western Civ 1 - 2, History of Eastern Civ, Warfare 500BC - 900AD, The Crusades, Comparitive Religion, Greek Mythology, American History (pre-columbian through 1990ish) All manage to do one thing: make me very angry at Hollywood. Seriously, if somebody told me "Dude, don't take history classes. You'll never enjoy a period movie again" I probably would have majored in bong-construction and not wasted my youth or money.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Rock&Roll Ninja said:
Seriously, if somebody told me "Dude, don't take history classes. You'll never enjoy a period movie again" I probably would have majored in bong-construction and not wasted my youth or money.
Funny :D Bong construction was a required course in the 70's.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

College in the 70's... you're old..*cough*cough*cough*burbbleburbbleburbble*cough

Duffinator

Duffinator

Rock&Roll Ninja said:
College in the 70's... you're old..*cough*cough*cough*burbbleburbbleburbble*cough
I never said I went to college in the 70's. I figured you did since you brought up bong construction. :eek: And age is relative, you'll find out soon enough if you haven't already.

And with this post I officially became an Audioholic. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis