Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Just saw this one last night. I give it between 6.5 and 7 out of 10. Lots of good fight scenes on an epic scale done by Ridley Scott so you know that for the most part they're done right. Trebuchets were awesome, and the siege engine scenes were great. You really got a feel for how a war was waged in those days.
No really crappy parts, only about a 30 sec love story, although it does rear its ugly head intermittently throughout the whole movie. Something was missing for me though. I never really got "pulled in" the way you do with a really great movie. I can't put my finger on why that is though. Maybe after some more reflection, or if someone else chimes in with an opinion I'll figure it out. This is a must see for the theater though. A bigger screen and deafening spl's are a must.

This movie is not rated R in Canada, merely 14A. I don't know how the heck that happened. In the first 5 minutes a priest gets horribly murdered (deservedly so) by being stabbed with an unfinished sword that is still glowing white hot from the furnace and then being forced into said furnace while still screaming. That plus the graphic battle scenes make this an automatic R in my books. I guess with no nudity or bad language they went easy in this one though.

nick_danger

nick_danger

Audioholic
Takeereasy said:
Trebuchets were awesome, and the siege engine scenes were great. You really got a feel for how a war was waged in those days.
Those were the best parts of the movie! Really cool.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Takeereasy said:
This movie is not rated R in Canada, merely 14A. I don't know how the heck that happened. In the first 5 minutes a priest gets horribly murdered (deservedly so) by being stabbed with an unfinished sword that is still glowing white hot from the furnace and then being forced into said furnace while still screaming. That plus the graphic battle scenes make this an automatic R in my books. I guess with no nudity or bad language they went easy in this one though.
Man, Taker - talk about spoilersssssssss.

Yeah, fortunately that will not kill the movie for others.
You gave it a 6.5 to 7 rating.
I would give it a 7 to 7.5 rating for the story, 8.5 for the surround sound.

Yes, for all there is decent (or just enough) LFE. But the surround sound is quite good.
I have been on a movie tear lately, some of you know I do not sleep (well, I don't sleep for days at a time)
For those of you that don't know, yeah I am serious (serious bad case of depression, and insomnia). I sleep every other day. And on the days I do sleep, I get anywhere from 3 hours to 6 hours of sleep.

Within the last week I have watched about at least 18 movies,
and just last night/day I had watched 3 - (2)hour movies back to back, then watched 7 episodes of Miami Vice season 2 back to back (actually 6 1/2 episodes, I couldn't bear anymore, but 1 of those episodes was a 2 hour special).

This was not one of those movies (that I watched last night), but I did watch it today. Now I am off to watch a few episodes of season 1 King of Queens.
Actually I did watch another movie today as well, but most of you know of this movie.
(A Christmas movie, Miracle on 34th Street)

Anyhow, back to the tear of movies lately. Yeah out of those 18 within the last week.
I would say 12 of them have been new releases, or fairly new releases (within 4 months)
I will say, this movie is one of the better ones.
There is quite a bit of dialogue, so be ready for that. There are spurts of action.
If you are looking for a major action movie with little dialogue, and ok script - then this is not your movie.
If you are looking for (or want to see) a movie with decent action, quite a bit of dialogue and a good script - then this is your movie.

A plus with this movie (if the movie is your cup of tea), as stated above it will provide plenty of surround.

Clint & Duke, I know you are a bit religious - You may want to give this movie a try.

For others, no this is not a 100% religious movie by any means. I just think these 2 people would easily enjoy this movie.
It is quite entertaining for the first 1:45, then the last :30 (or so) is much better, and the story really starts to take off.

Some of the battle scenes gave me thoughts of L.O.T.R. #3, OH, BY NO MEANS am I saying they are the same (just slightly similar)..

Anyhow, thats my $0.0000000032672

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis