majorloser

majorloser

Buckle-meister said:
Knowing that first impressions are involuntary permits control of them after the event.
Like the old statement goes, "Stress is the mind's way of coping with the body's desire to choke the living sh!t out of somebody who desperately needs it."

So I can see there's is a few stressed out persons here.

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sheep said:
So, you agree with me, but I am still wrong...
I'm not saying you're wrong for thinking the way you do; I also would love for people not to judge others. But at the end of the day, people will judge each other. Denial will not alter the reality of it, no matter how much we might wish otherwise.

Sheep said:
I am not saying you can't judge people. Just don't let it show up on these forums.
Ah! But if we do that, then we're not being true to ourselves are we? We'd be portraying ourselves as something we weren't! No doubt about it; it's a conundrum! :D

Sheep said:
Everything we do in here is reflected on audioholics and everything they have worked so hard on. If we start teasing members (not saying it happens), what will happen to their image?
I'm sure the Moderators would put the foot down promptly on such behaviour. After all, that is part of their job description.

Buckle-meister

majorloser said:
Ah, so what you know of somebody is by what they write and how they compose the statements...
It reveals some things, not everything.

majorloser said:
Your generation basically doesn't want to grasp the basics of proper English.
"Every generation, blames the one before..."

majorloser said:
Like the old statement goes, "Stress is the mind's way of coping with the body's desire to choke the living sh!t out of somebody who desperately needs it."
The only stress that exists is that which we let ourselves feel.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Ah! But if we do that, then we're not being true to ourselves are we? We'd be portraying ourselves as something we weren't! No doubt about it; it's a conundrum!
If you really are a racist/bigot/etc and you are "true" to yourself on this forum, you can kiss your posting days goodbye :D

SheepStar

Buckle-meister

Sheep said:
If you really are a racist/bigot/etc and you are "true" to yourself on this forum, you can kiss your posting days goodbye.
Hey! I never said the 'powers that be' weren't prejudiced. :D

majorloser

majorloser

Sheep said:
If you really are a racist/bigot/etc and you are "true" to yourself on this forum, you can kiss your posting days goodbye :D

SheepStar
OK, did I miss something? Some may consider us “A-holes” but I don't think anybody has displayed bigotry or racism.

(There was that little thing about Buttcrack Mountain.....:D )

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I am not saying you can't judge people. Just don't let it show up on these forums. Everything we do in here is reflected on audioholics and everything they have worked so hard on. If we start teasing members (not saying it happens), what will happen to their image?
Of course I never show it on this forum or any other. I never flame people, I don't ridicule them for having bad grammar. Frankly, I don't care, as long as I can read it without trouble.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
majorloser said:
OK, did I miss something? Some may consider us “A-holes” but I don't think anybody has displayed bigotry or racism.

(There was that little thing about Buttcrack Mountain.....:D )
Whether or not you want to believe it, those people do exist, and what Buckle said, basically stated, well if they were racist, and they couldn't show it, they would be not true to themselves. This would be the only case where I would perfer lying.

Hi Ho,

So we are in agreement...? Everyone is agreeing with me all of a suddon...

SheepStar

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Hi Ho,

I don't know if I ever completely dissagreed with you. When I first read your post I thought you were saying that no one should ever judge anyone by the way they write. After reading it again I see you are saying that it should not be displayed in a forum like this. I completely agree with that. :)

I get along easily with most everyone and I don't let any personal beefs through into my posts.

M

miklorsmith

Full Audioholic
Sheep said:
If you wanted to be portrayed as a arrogant, stuck up prick.... congratulations, the image is complete.
Not quite everyone is agreeing with you. :D

Buckle-meister

Sheep said:
Sheep. I gist want to sae that your my faveritist Kanadean in the hole wide wurld. Even if your spelling is lousy. :D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Buckle-meister said:
Sheep. I gist want to sae that your my faveritist Kanadean in the hole wide wurld. Even if your spelling is lousy. :D
LOL, yay! :)

SheepStar

majorloser

majorloser

"English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England." -Homer Simpson

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
the spelling police

i know this thread did not begin about spelling in posts but it took that turn,im always amazed at what propels a man to correct another mans spelling in the forums,kinda lame if you ask me.:eek:

for instance some members who post in the threads (like me) have been out of school longer than alot of members have been alive & dont have a reason to do much writing in their day to day lives,i personaly could care less but i do always get a grin when the spell police jump out to correct another mans grammar.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
highfihoney said:
,i personaly could care less but i do always get a grin when the spell police jump out to correct another mans grammar.

You noticed that already? :D

That used to be the favorite pick on me when the poster had no arguments against my post :D

I even got a red chicklet for it

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
Sheep said:
I was not referring to you. You could have been clearer in the beginning with your intent, and stated it was not related to the forums.

I found what Smith said to be very offensive. No one will be judged on this forum by how they type. You can pack that attitude up right now. What WILL happen is members will be treated with respect. No correcting grammar and spelling. If you can't read it, be polite and ask for them to re-post. So far, there have been no cases in which the grammar and spelling was this bad. Again, this whole opinion based on grammar and spelling will stop. What they type, as in the words they choose, should be the only thing ANYONE uses to judge character.

SheepStar
I have been a few times on my typing and grammar so dont say no one.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
shokhead said:
I have been a few times on my typing and grammar so dont say no one.
.....Shokhead, I firmly believe your avatar causes more typing mistakes than anything else at this site.....have her scrubbed and brought to my tent.....

majorloser

majorloser

mulester7 said:
.....Shokhead, I firmly believe your avatar causes more typing mistakes than anything else at this site.....have her scrubbed and brought to my tent.....
If you stare long enough (and I do) they start to sway from side to side.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis