B

beansbeanz

Audiophyte
I'm strongly considering the following 3.1 Set-Up:

- KEF Q650c Center Channel
- 2 x KEF Q350 for Left/Right
- RSL Speedwoofer 10 sub
- Denon AVR-S750H

The set-up will be in the corner of a newly-finished basement - the ceiling heights are 9 ft (7.5 ft in a small channel for HVAC) and the distance from the TV to the sectional is 15', but there's a lot of space to the left of the seating area with the rest of the basement.

Will the receiver have enough power to run those speakers? I've seen a lot of places quote it at 165W per channel, so it seems like plenty enough, but Denon's spec sheet has it at 75W (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive) and 110W (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 0.7% 2ch Drive) and 165W (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 10% 1ch Drive). The speakers are listed at 8 ohm, min 4.2 ohm. Someone help!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Of course the receiver will be sufficient up to a point, just like any amp. It depends on the spl (sound pressure levels) it can yield in conjunction with the levels you want to attain with the limitations imposed by your speakers and distance from them. Not sure with 3.1 what ceiling speakers have to do with anything, tho.

Generally when comparing amp specs you want them to be generally the same parameters. You might try an spl calculator like this to help estimate your needs http://myhometheater.homestead.com/splcalculator.html

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I think he was referring to the height of the ceiling and not to height speakers.;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis