KEF or Paradigm for LCR

N

Neophyte2021

Audiophyte
Hi,

I am building a closed Media room (18ft by 13 ft) and plan to install in-wall LCR speakers. I am a little confused between 2 speakers based on my budget.

1. Paradigm CI Pro P1 LCR
Or
2. KEF Ci400QL

I am going to have 4+2 surround with couple of 12 inch subwoofers.
I could not get any direct comparison between 2 speakers above. What would you recommend and reason for it?

thanks
Neophyte

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I could not get any direct comparison between 2 speakers above.
The chances of anybody having a direct comparison between the two is almost slim to none

I do like the fact that the Paradigm's have an engineered built-in back box where the KEF's do not

Also the KEF's will be harder to drive. You will need a 4 ohm stable receiver/amplifier to drive them. The Paradigm would be easier to drive being 8ohm

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Hi,

I am building a closed Media room (18ft by 13 ft) and plan to install in-wall LCR speakers. I am a little confused between 2 speakers based on my budget.

1. Paradigm CI Pro P1 LCR
Or
2. KEF Ci400QL

I am going to have 4+2 surround with couple of 12 inch subwoofers.
I could not get any direct comparison between 2 speakers above. What would you recommend and reason for it?

thanks
Neophyte
Anyway you can bump that speaker budget up? I would check out the KEF Ci3160’s. You won’t regret spending the extra bills.

N

Neophyte2021

Audiophyte
Anyway you can bump that speaker budget up? I would check out the KEF Ci3160’s. You won’t regret spending the extra bills.
Thanks for your reply.
Isn’t that an overkill given the room size? Just checking as I have friend who is using KEFs 400s in a similar set up.

thanks!

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Thanks for your reply.
Isn’t that an overkill given the room size? Just checking as I have friend who is using KEFs 400s in a similar set up.

thanks!
No, it’s not overkill. I’m using B&W 7.3’s in a similar sized room and they are amazing. When it comes to in-walls try as hard as you can to get the next step up. You don’t want to be cutting holes in your walls all the time to upgrade later on if your original choice isn’t doing the trick.

KEF 3160’s were on my list. I was on the fence with B&W’s and KEF’s. I got a mega deal for B&W’s at Magnolia. Don’t regret it all.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
7.3's have designed back boxes

These do not
View attachment 43971
They don’t come with them. But you can get them through KEF. Will just be an additional cost. Not entirely sure what the exact costs are. A quick google search and I saw $150? Also, you can stick insulation around the entire back and you should be fine.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
So that's another $500 plus install just keep adding the cost up. And are they designed for that speaker or they just prefab boxes for any speaker. And stuffing insulation in a wall in my opinion just don't work

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis