KEF M500 for $59.99!

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Can you describe the sound sig?
Howdy! Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. It is kind of hard describe their signature because nothing really stands out - they are very neutral. I know that may sound boring, but they are anything but. I am a bass head and enjoy exaggerated, but tight bass and I feel these are a bit low frequency shy, but that is just me. After I've had them on my head for a while, my ears adjust and the bass is fine. The treble is clean and airy and the midrange is not pronounced - like I said, neutral. For me, they are good, casual headphones.

TL/DR: Great sounding headphones that may be best suited for background music whilst doing something else. ;)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Howdy! Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. It is kind of hard describe their signature because nothing really stands out - they are very neutral. I know that may sound boring, but they are anything but. I am a bass head and enjoy exaggerated, but tight bass and I feel these are a bit low frequency shy, but that is just me. After I've had them on my head for a while, my ears adjust and the bass is fine. The treble is clean and airy and the midrange is not pronounced - like I said, neutral. For me, they are good, casual headphones.

TL/DR: Great sounding headphones that may be best suited for background music whilst doing something else. ;)
what headphones do you use for critical listening?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
What I personally dont like on headphones like these is that they lay on your ears, not around them.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks for the response. Are the pads replaceable?

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
What I personally dont like on headphones like these is that they lay on your ears, not around them.
I usually do not like on ear headphones because of my large noggin (some over ear models are almost on ear for me) but these are actually quite comfortable - the cushion is very soft.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I just got mine!
Like the relatively compact package that includes a zippered semi-circular clam-shell case. (because I like to have this type of case, that is worth at least $15).
@afterlife2 , not sure these would be your preference (IIRC, you like more forward/present speakers). They seem to be tuned for a warm laid-back sound compared to my Sennheisers. The sparkle of the highs is not as present.
That said, they are of obvious high quality and the mid-range and lower is nice with very good detail.
The bass of the KEF is clearly better than my on-ear Sennheisers (HD231G),and not as solid as my over ear Sennheisers (maybe HD598?).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis