KEF limited edition black on black ls50

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Not an audio post, just aesthetics!
I am not interested in buying these, but am I the only one who thinks this a very nice look, except that KEF decided to print "LS50" and "Black Edition" in gold/copper color on their "all black" speaker? If I was doing it, I would have both "LS50" and "Black Edition" printed using a high gloss black paint!
If you are doing a "stealth" aesthetic you don't bling it out with gold or chrome accents!

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Better aesthetic than the others except for the self-promotion popping out but then I don't want colors popping on my speakers particularly.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
View attachment 40788

This is the only Black series I'm interested in!
Kind of surprised that Mercedes chose Burmester Audio for their premium sound systems!
As an internationally recognized manufacturer of cars, it seems like they might chose an internationally recognized audio name (like Harman or Focal). Burmester probably sounds great, but they are obviously getting more name placement out of this than Mercedes! I bet they gave Mercedes a good price to so promote their name!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Kind of surprised that Mercedes chose Burmester Audio for their premium sound systems!
As an internationally recognized manufacturer of cars, it seems like they might chose an internationally recognized audio name (like Harman or Focal). Burmester probably sounds great, but they are obviously getting more name placement out of this than Mercedes! I bet they gave Mercedes a good price to so promote their name!
Most of those higher-end car audio brands just outsource the design and manufacturing to Harman's car audio decision. Burmester doesn't make that car audio system, Harman does, and for many other brand names as well. One reason that Samsung bought them.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Most of those higher-end car audio brands just outsource the design and manufacturing to Harman's car audio decision. Burmester doesn't make that car audio system, Harman does, and for many other brand names as well. One reason that Samsung bought them.
Wow!
I am astounded by this!
Thanks for sharing!
Wondering if they say "Burmester Audio by Harman"!

J

JRiggs

Audiophyte
I am not interested in buying these, but am I the only one who thinks this a very nice look, except that KEF decided to print "LS50" and "Black Edition" in gold/copper color on their "all black" speaker? If I was doing it, I would have both "LS50" and "Black Edition" printed using a high gloss black paint!
If you are doing a "stealth" aesthetic you don't bling it out with gold or chrome accents!
Do you own these? Or just like looking at pictures?
I do own these and can tell you 100% that the copper colored print is not noticeable at all. Even in the light of day you can’t see it unless your are inches from the speaker.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Do you own these? Or just like looking at pictures?
I do own these and can tell you 100% that the copper colored print is not noticeable at all. Even in the light of day you can’t see it unless your are inches from the speaker.
Just looking at pictures!
I like the way KEF has done the mix n match with cabinet and driver colors on these, but was disappointed that they chose the gold/copper based on this photo. If the reality of looking at it in person is that the metallic print is not noticeable, then it would not be an issue.
I currently have a pair on loan from a friend (white with blue drivers). For these, they chose a light gray print that is pretty subtle, so I have come to expect nice attention to the design detail from KEF.

I still think high gloss jet black print on the flat black/charcoal trim ring would be better!
But definitely have to give KEF credit for not just grabbing the high gloss trim ring from their Black/Copper speaker out of the parts bin! That would have been horrendous!

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, the Black Edition looks really nice and I agree with you on the lettering - a gloss black would really bring out the "black"! I, for one, am a fan of the new colorways of the Meta models (especially the blue):
1603113551629.png

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, the Black Edition looks really nice and I agree with you on the lettering - a gloss black would really bring out the "black"! I, for one, am a fan of the new colorways of the Meta models (especially the blue):
View attachment 40798
Those are delicious! I’d like a pair of R700 in that combo please!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis