KEF KHT2005 or Mirage Nanosat 5.1 (PLEASE HELP)

D

dexter_joyner

Audiophyte
I currently own the KEF KHT2005.2 and love them. However like most of you I like to try out new speakers from time to time. I went into Best Buy one day and saw the Mirage Nanosat 5.1 set up. I love the look of it and the omni directional speaker set up. Since I am limited in space satellite speakers are the best thing for me. I found the Mirage Nanosat's online for 300.00 (w/out sub)

My question is should I keep my current KHT2005 5.1 set up or go with the Mirage Nanosat 5.1 set up. If I did go with the Mirage Nanosat I would probably pair with with a different subwoofer.

Also do you know of any other small satellite speakers that sound just as good or better for under 1000.00 bucks.

Thanks in Advance

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
If you really like the KEF's why change? :)

Some observations about the Nanosat's, there is the possibility for higher perceived sound quality than the KEF's, due to the wider dispersion, but it would require much more effort to place them and yourself properly, and get the room treated properly, then for a monopole speaker. Mind you, any potently increases in sound quality would be hinging on the general performance of the Nanosats being better than the KHT2005's, but I don't know of anywhere that the information needed to make a recommendation can be found.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Speaker upgrade

If you want a speaker upgrade, consider stepping up to a bookshelf size speaker for better power handling, performance, and a better frequency response then small satellite speakers.

If asthetics are an issue check out some of the on-wall or inwall models. You could probably keep form the Kef's for the surround and surround back channels.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
My parents have the mirage nanosat system and a Denon receiver and it sound really good. The 8" sub is actually pretty good, but definitely couldn't hurt to have something bigger and better. They have a huge sweet spot due to the omnipolar technology, definitely give them serious consideration.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis