KEF Egg Desktop Computer Speakers

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Do you own, or have auditioned, the KEF Egg computer speakers? Thinking of replacing my Bowers & Wilkins MM1's .

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, I have them on my computer workbench...at work. I love those things and man they can put out some volume. I'm in a machine shop and it can get noisy in there, the speakers have no problem standing out.

Every day after to two other guys in the shop leave, I get a 1/2 to an hour of being alone with my music and that's when I can really enjoy them.

I don't have a lot of other speakers like them to compare, but if the LSX is 85% of an LS50 (I own LS50 and have heard LSX) then these would be 65%. OK, perhaps a little less because they're a sealed speaker and have little below 80-100hz. I had picked up a Totem Dreamcatcher sub with a bad amp for cheap, got a Dayton SPA205DSP amp and bracket coming in today so I'll have that low end problem fixed.

Mine are the blue. I get compliments enough on that but then when people hear them (I get engineers coming in all the time) I usually get the "holy sh_t" comment.

Last edited:
MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Right? That's a pretty good discount from regular retail. Only 1 left @MR.MAGOO! Only 1!
I just placed my order for the last pair of KEF eggs! They are refurbished, hence the $250 price. Since AC4L uses FedEx I will be shocked if the order even arrives, I've had problems with FedEx in the past. Usually companies that nag you with e-mails and surveys are usually unresponsive when you call the 800 number. Will see if AC4L is any better.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Accessories4Less is the sole dealer for KEF's B-stock and "factory recertified." I have bought products in both categories from them, and couldn't tell them from new. The only "annoyance" I ever had was when I bought...KEF Egg. The box they came in was just the KEF pretty packaging, no 'box-in-a-box' to further protect them.

Inside, the speakers were in absolutely perfect condition. You'll be impressed with those speakers, if not the shipping. :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I just placed my order for the last pair of KEF eggs! They are refurbished, hence the $250 price. Since AC4L uses FedEx I will be shocked if the order even arrives, I've had problems with FedEx in the past. Usually companies that nag you with e-mails and surveys are usually unresponsive when you call the 800 number. Will see if AC4L is any better.
Did you receive the speakers yet? If so, what do you think? If not, did you at least get a tracking number?

I also 'strongly dislike' FedEx Ground service. Here (and I assume everywhere in the US), those drivers are all non-union contractors. As such they make money by executing as many deliveries as possible per day and for us that means throwing the package toward the house and taking off. Our unionized UPS driver is under a different kind of gun but does at least remain personable and rings the doorbell even if it's a no-signature required drop-off.

Pablo2k

Pablo2k

Audioholic
I know this is old, but what did you think of the egg?
I had the B&W MM1 and they were amazing, I’d be surprised if the egg are better.
Thanks!

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

I know this is old, but what did you think of the egg?
I had the B&W MM1 and they were amazing, I’d be surprised if the egg are better.
Thanks!
The EGG outperforms the B&W MM1 on all levels, plus you can connect a subwoofer to the EGG, cannot with the B&W.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
An even better deal!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
An even better deal!
Ya getting them? I know you love your colors. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com