B

BDnoon

Enthusiast
Thank guy's for the info on the other thread!My head is swimming now. I do like the Boston sound but now I remember hearing at Ultimate Electronics (before they closed their store here:mad: ) a setup of the older model Kef's :
Q6c, Q1 and QCompact's and the sound was impressive. I found a great deal on the newer model IQ's : Centers- IQ2c, IQ6c : Fronts- IQ3, IQ5 which is in my price range- 600-900 for center&fronts ( my area is about 16x20 )
You guy's have any comments on these or heard them?:confused:

BTY I know it's a personal prefference on speakers but I'm in a rock and a hard place, we don't have a decent audio store to listen to speakers other than Circuit City & Best Buy and what they have you can't listen to cuz their setup rooms are always broke!!

Last edited:
D

dhoffack

Enthusiast
I have kef's and I am happy. I have an IQ6c, IQ5's for the fronts, and IQ1's for the rear. I am using a denon 4306, although I am thinking about upgrading to an arcam 350, just for the smoother sound of arcam. I also have a velodyne spl-1000R.

www.hometheatherhifi.com has a nice review of the an iq system, using kef IQ7's for the front.

Great deal for the price

Dan

G

googdot

Audioholic Intern
I haven't heard the new models, but the older Q1 is definitely recommended.

B

Blundaar

Audioholic
googdot said:
I haven't heard the new models, but the older Q1 is definitely recommended.
When we're happy with our old models, why go out of our way to listen to the new ones?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis