KEF 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker System

J

JBthatsme

Enthusiast
Ok I have the kef KHT3005 speaker system w/ a Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH reciever. I was wondering what I can do to get the most out of my setup??? Does anyone have these kef speakers....? Im not to impressed with the sub. I have to turn x-over on the reciever all the way up just to get decent bass, and since the sub itself does not have a built in x-over it makes tweeking tricky....I wanted to go with these speakers do to the fact I love the look and size....dont really have room for large speakers....I think.....And some one told me i should put the recievers setting to "Large" instead of small for some reason is this acurate????
-thanks
-J.B.
http://community.webshots.com/album/562208858XuMTUs

above is a link to get a better idea of what i am working with....I need sugestions please....And yes i know my house is a mess in the photos and the pink things are my daughters.....But not a bad system and house for only being 23yrs old huh??

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
And some one told me i should put the recievers setting to "Large" instead of small for some reason is this acurate????
No, that is not correct.

If you don't like the performance of the sub, a new subwoofer would be the easy way to fix it. Experimenting with placement of your current sub is a cheaper alternative.

J

JBthatsme

Enthusiast
I was wondering if anyone knew a better placement plan on the kef speakers....I have new av furniture comimg in so i will be wall mounting the fronts too...
-j.b.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Kef speakers

Try placing the main L/R speakers further apart. They look fairly small and should be wall mountable. For a little better performance from the sub, experiment with the location including placing it in a corner. It looks like those satellite speakers play down to the 70 Hz range so an 80 Hz or 100 Hz crossver setting will work best. I higher crossover setting will cause the bass to be directional.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis