"Kauffman" Anyone heard of this brand??

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Way too high class for this crowd. I'd love to try it, but don't want to buy the bottle.
Well, I happen to have some right here. I'll just drive my van over and I'll cut you a real sweet deal on a case. I happen to have the manifest right here that I can show you to prove that it's just a shipping oversight, and not stolen. Really, I just need to unload this before my supervisor finds out about it. You trust me, right?

DJ

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Too high class for me too, I've just seen it around, never bought it.

"High-end" vodka never really made sense to me. Vodka is supposed to be neutral tasting. That's why its so popular, because it mixes well. It's a lot like speakers, the more neutral the better. So, the better it gets, the less 'flavor' it has. So, vintage vodka doesn't make much sense to me anyways.

When I was in Russia, they drank all cheap ****, and these were not cheap guys I was with (well, working for). Gray Goose to them was laughable. It's like a pair of expensive interconnects is to us.

Well, I happen to have some right here. I'll just drive my van over and I'll cut you a real sweet deal on a case. I happen to have the manifest right here that I can show you to prove that it's just a shipping oversight, and not stolen. Really, I just need to unload this before my supervisor finds out about it. You trust me, right?

DJ
On a related note, wine has a huge black market. Much bigger than speakers.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Any product that is highly taxed by governments create a large black market because of the ability to exploit the profit margins between taxed - untaxed. Cigarettes and Alcohol like you note are huge black markets around the world- very easy to move which makes them all more attractive . There is boats loads of money that can be made in black market gasoline but it is much harder to move ;) .

ozmedia

ozmedia

Audioholic
What can you possibly do?

Jannos, Your mate isn't that thick as I got done too. Thing is if I really wanted to track the guys in the white transit van I could cause they will be on surveillance. Let me know if you want your mate to take it further with me.

Trust me you hear all the stories and feel so stupid when you realise what you just did.
There is no legal remifications for selling junk speakers out of avan even if a con job. the ONLY legal issue is if they are in teh parkign lot of another store, such a Best Buy but even if it is not an electronics retailer, as they are conducting business of private retail property.

Other than that, there's nothing you can do, they did nothing wrong, buyer beware.

ozmedia

ozmedia

Audioholic
I'll take them all

DJ
Yep, I'll take the whole lot of 'em, I'll even buy your white van.

I assume I can just mail you a check, right? :)

majorloser

majorloser

Too high class for me too, I've just seen it around, never bought it.

"High-end" vodka never really made sense to me. Vodka is supposed to be neutral tasting. That's why its so popular, because it mixes well. It's a lot like speakers, the more neutral the better. So, the better it gets, the less 'flavor' it has. So, vintage vodka doesn't make much sense to me anyways.

When I was in Russia, they drank all cheap ****, and these were not cheap guys I was with (well, working for). Gray Goose to them was laughable. It's like a pair of expensive interconnects is to us.

I used to drink Stolis 100, now it's either Ketel One or Grey Goose in that order. But I'll take Sky, Absolut or Three Olives in a pinch if that's all I can get. No flavored crap, just straight from the freezer to the glass. If not cold, on the rocks.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
I used to drink Stolis 100, now it's either Ketel One or Grey Goose in that order. But I'll take Sky, Absolut or Three Olives in a pinch if that's all I can get. No flavored crap, just straight from the freezer to the glass. If not cold, on the rocks.
I don't know what it is about Vodkas but they've always given me the worst headaches. Even the good stuff. Being of Scottish/Irish decent allows me to drink just about anything, but I can't take Vodka for some stupid reason. Tequila either, but then I think that's more because I can't stand the taste of it.

DJ

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja

DJ
I'll take em... I'll send a money order for twice the amount, just give the balance to my shipper please. Thank you.

J

jolonboy

Audiophyte
Kaufman surround sound system

They are trying this same thing in Mackay Nth Qld...A friend just got offered the same system from a white van with the same rego no. as on this page. It was a kiwi & a woggy dude. Said they were overloaded & were at AMart carpark in Mackay.

We looked it up on the net for him and 'bingo'.... I totally agree with other posts on here.

If you wanted to buy a system why buy it quickly without researching.....

I think they're taking advantage of Christmas shoppers. Probably heading to Moranbah / Townsville......:confused:

If you're interested the white van is a VW with QLD Registration 706 LLV

Oh & the price has gone up........$1200 !!!!

Last edited:
The Dali

The Dali

Audioholic
I just read the Wikipedia page (wow, they have Wikis for ANYTHING) and saw a BUNCH of product names that are found regularly on ebay. I often wondered how the DiVinci system sounded... it looks so good on ebay, but the price was just too cheap.

Has anyone bought on of those unknown home systems on ebay? Any luck?

C

CharlieShad

Audiophyte
Jannos, Your mate isn't that thick as I got done too. Thing is if I really wanted to track the guys in the white transit van I could cause they will be on surveillance. Let me know if you want your mate to take it further with me.

Trust me you hear all the stories and feel so stupid when you realise what you just did.
They Just hit the sunshine Coast. They were in Wurtulla.. Are u brisbane or qld based? I would be keen to get the rego of the van, although i am thinking it will be rented for day or so..... One Kiwi or Islander and One Tattooed Aussie....

powderade

Audiophyte
ive fiddled around with it bought some red white and yellow cords you cut the plugs off one end of the cords and basically skin the seal around the wires and at the back of the speakers you put the red and white cords through those four medal thingies and it should work ive only put the red wire through and i can hear a little bit of sound ill comment back if i get full sound ( you have to plug another set of red white and yellow cords running from your tv to your dvd and the other set thats plugged to your speakers has to run to your tv

N

najah

Audiophyte
Hi all,

a mate of mine just bought (seriously it was not me) a set of Kauffman KA 600 HD loudspeakers off the back of a truck for $500AU :eek:. I cannot find reference to the brand anywhere. Have any of you heard of this name before? Sounds European or like a con-job to me. Rated power is 50 to 600W which I think is quite large.

Thanks for any help.

Jaan
hey i might have what you looking for just call me on 0434050181

cookie910

cookie910

Audiophyte
Hi guys, thanks for this thread, it has been helpful to me since my brother paid $350 for 5.1ch Kauffman speakers this afternoon.
They were boxed as Cinemax with an MSRP of $4999. Advertised as including a 7.1ch reciever, but doesn't contain a reciever/amp at all.

It happened in Singleton, Hunter Valley of NSW.

Hope this information helps somebody else.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis