Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I just wanted to post this link to the American Red Cross for relief of those in The Big Easy. I think the Red Cross, along with the United Way, are the most effective agencies in big disasters like this.

I just donated a hundred bucks. Many of us spend that on cables or a dinner date- you won't miss it, but it will really help out those who've lost everything. I urge everyone to pony up something, even if it's not much. The minimum you can donate on the website is $5- who can't spare five bucks?

Matt34

Matt34

I donated to the Red Cross on the 1st, which also was the date I got promoted. Wish I could do more, I lived in Louisana for a couple of years and just feel terrible for those people.

hifiman

hifiman

Audioholic
I too gave to the Red Cross in the days immediately following 9/11. I am very skeptical of charities, but figured the Red Cross would do the right thing with the money. When I became aware of the way they had mishandled the donations I vowed to never give to them again. For Katrina we donated through my wife's church, which was working with another church near the affected area. I think it's far less likely that donations will be mishandled that way and people will get the aid they need much quicker.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
I thought the red cross could'nt even lend aid? That is what I heard last. They were'nt allowed to help.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
krzywica said:
I thought the red cross could'nt even lend aid? That is what I heard last. They were'nt allowed to help.

One of the problems in a chaos, getting good solid info.

We are used to instant everything today. No wonder nothing will satisfy.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Rewatched the docu. Irony was the simulated in a computer model what would happen a year earlier and then it did happen. Yes of course they knew Cat 3 levees could be breached. Hurricanes can reach 5. Colossal mess with fema and the local govt. Fats Domino was saved by boat rescue. Bush's mistake was not getting boots on the ground sooner. Possibly the most infamous of natural disasters. Lt Gen Honoree got some poop done though. As per usual it took the military.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
That's right. Hurricane Pam was the simulation. Katrina their prediction on the direction was accurate. I remember like 50 or couple hundred school buses were available but just sat. Greater New Orleans 80% was underwater.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
That's right. Hurricane Pam was the simulation. Katrina their prediction on the direction was accurate. I remember like 50 or couple hundred school buses were available but just sat. Greater New Orleans 80% was underwater.
The governor of Louisiana was more responsible for the lack of due diligence. She could have activated the national guard sooner which she didn't, so I blame her a$$ mostly. She wanted the money up front first! She's dead now, she was a Democratic elected governor, which I voted for, she didn't run for reelection though.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The governor of Louisiana was more responsible for the lack of due diligence. She could have activated the national guard sooner which she didn't, so I blame her a$$ mostly. She wanted the money up front first! She's dead now, she was a Democratic elected governor, which I voted for, she didn't run for reelection though.
Nat'l guard nor Bush asking her if she wanted the feds to take over. She was a big time screw up. I'll have to find the Spike Lee docu. I remember liking that one too. I remember a family driving their grandfather away cause when they told him insurance wasn't going to pay for their loss he'd get pissed. Now I believe they have some type of build a little out from NO to buffer the water if another hurricane hits.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I remember in a book I was reading someone related to a politician went down to get a first hand look at the mess. They replied something like, While you're at a 5-star restaurant with your wife, I'm hear sleeping outside of the Superdome on the ground. It was pretty sad.

The general rule of thumb is don't be like Dubya and sit at your ranch an extra 1.5 days later. Don't fly over NO and head back to Washington. Don't be like Condi and get caught shopping for shoes at Ferragamo's. And don't eat at a 5-star restaurant while your assistant is sleeping on gravel. It isn't a good PR look.:)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I remember in a book I was reading someone related to a politician went down to get a first hand look at the mess. They replied something like, While you're at a 5-star restaurant with your wife, I'm hear sleeping outside of the Superdome on the ground. It was pretty sad.

The general rule of thumb is don't be like Dubya and sit at your ranch an extra 1.5 days later. Don't fly over NO and head back to Washington. Don't be like Condi and get caught shopping for shoes at Ferragamo's. And don't eat at a 5-star restaurant while your assistant is sleeping on gravel. It isn't a good PR look.:)
That was as bad as it gets on how not to respond with life saving aid. Louisiana's has a long history of bad governors. But than again so do many other States. Speaking of insurance companies they are pulling out of Louisiana left and right as of this day. My oldest Son's home insurance pulled out on him just last month. As long as those insurance companies are making billions all's good, but as soon as they gotta pay out they run like the piece of sh&t's they are.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
That was as bad as it gets on how not to respond with life saving aid. Louisiana's has a long history of bad governors. But than again so do many other States. Speaking of insurance companies they are pulling out of Louisiana left and right as of this day. My oldest Son's home insurance pulled out on him just last month. As long as those insurance companies are making billions all's good, but as soon as they gotta pay out they run like the piece of sh&t's they are.
If I remember right, the director of fema at the time did not have disaster relief experience. I'll have to look that up. Anyway agree it was Blaso then probably the fema director with the biggest problems. The saddest part was the people lost the most. All that displacement.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Jeez you get Spike Lee making a docu (When the Levees Broke) and Al Sharpton commentary. Then you have George Sr. and Barbara visiting the Houston dome. Barbara said something along the lines of These people were underprivileged to begin with and now they're doing pretty good. Like they've been completely displaced there lady. Oh boy. I'm pretty sure Fox didn't air that part.
1660172297472.png

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Jeez you get Spike Lee making a docu (When the Levees Broke) and Al Sharpton commentary. Then you have George Sr. and Barbara visiting the Houston dome. Barbara said something along the lines of These people were underprivileged to begin with and now they're doing pretty good. Like they've been completely displaced there lady. Oh boy. I'm pretty sure Fox didn't air that part.
View attachment 57234
Yeah bro, (these people) what a piece of sh$t huh. I have a friend who use to live in the 7th Ward of NO. Lost everything like many other's. Moved to Walker got flooded twice while there. Just sold his home in Walker. But yeah Fox didn't Really show what really happened. The 9th Ward 7th and 6th was completely wiped out. The mayor of New Orleans at the time, that corrupt f..k embezzled most of the money that was given to NO. They sat on most of the money like it was theirs. Give lucrative contracts to get kickbacks. I could go on but kind of pointless at this time. Oh they made dam sure the SuperDome got renovated for the next season huh. Millions spent while the people of NO went homeless, most never made it back to NO.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah bro, (these people) what a piece of sh$t huh. I have a friend who use to live in the 7th Ward of NO. Lost everything like many other's. Moved to Walker got flooded twice while there. Just sold his home in Walker. But yeah Fox didn't Really show what really happened. The 9th Ward 7th and 6th was completely wiped out. The mayor of New Orleans at the time, that corrupt f..k embezzled most of the money that was given to NO. They sat on most of the money like it was theirs. Give lucrative contracts to get kickbacks. I could go on but kind of pointless at this time. Oh they made dam sure the SuperDome got renovated for the next season huh. Millions spent while the people of NO went homeless, most never made it back to NO.
One person said they dropped electricity in their area so they had the juice to pump extra lights to make it look like the city was recovering. The news called the displaced "refugees." C'mon losers.:confused: Hehehe, one guy walked up to Cheney's photo shoot and told him he could f--k himself.:) That was in Mississippi. Another totaled area.

That would've been Mayor Nagan.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis