jplinville

jplinville

Audioholic Intern
Surfing through the local Craigslist listings, I found this.

http://www.jeff-young-design.com/JVC/Receivers/RX-905.jpg

I picked it up as a replacement to an older JVC unit that simply decided it didn't need to work anymore. I paid $50 for the RX-905VTN, without remote or owner's manual, thinking that I could locate and download an owner's manual. I got lucky, I think, and the JVC RM-SR707U remote I had works with this...somewhat.

Playing around with the receiver, I can say that the sound quality coming from it is really good. I didn't know just how bad my old one had degraded in quality until I hooked this one up in it's place. I haven't heard such a full sound as this in years, and am very happy with my purchase

My main questions are this...What can you guys tell me about this receiver? I can't seem to dig up any information, other than what I posted. I found a user's manual that the owner wants $20 for...money I'd rather not put out at this time. Where can I find a downloadable PDF version of it?

Also, I came across one advertisement claiming that it was a rare receiver, which I usually don't believe...but since I can't find any other information on it, what do you think?

Any information would be appreciated...Thanks!

T

T. Lane

Audiophyte
I found this while doing a google search for a replacement reciever since mine just stopped working after 5 moves and 25 years of reliable service. Do you still have this? How is it working out for you?

T

T. Lane

Audiophyte
By the way, you got a steal of a deal. It's not super rare, but it's definitely harder to find than some. It was the top dawg in JVC's 1991 line. Are you looking to sell this , by chance?

L

Luisitomx

Audiophyte
You really got lucky, the RX-905VTN sold for over $1000.00 back in 1991. It is a Super Class A receiver that puts out 120 W p/channel, both channels driven from 20Hz to 20KHz with .08% THD. It has massive heat sinks and weighs a ton due to the huge power supplies needed to produce such clean power. Most definitely a gem!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis