JVC DLA-X500RBU replacement lamp

S

stower

Audiophyte
Hey all, I am brand new to this site and hope I could ask for some advice early on into my home theatre journey. I have bought a home where there is a 120" hard screen with a JVC Dla-x500RBU projector. The system was fantastic until the screen went dark. I can only assume it is the lamp. I removed the unit from the roof and made sure the unit was dust free and then removed the lamp. It has a sticker saying the lamp mondel number is PK-L2312U.
I have called every shop here in Edmonton Alberta to buy a new lamp and have not gotten anywhere. I do see many lamps on Amazon for 50, 60, or even 150 dollars but do not know why there is such a price differential. I can only assume its because the cheap ones are crappy chinese knock offs. BUT will they work or can they ruin my projector. I dont know these answers and could really use some help from people that are far wiser than I in this area.
Should I order an Amazon cheap bulb?
Should I find a place to sell me an original replacement lamp?
If yes to question 2 could you possibly steer me in the direction to get the original replacement bulb.
Thank you
Shaine

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not a projector guy...yet. It did make me curious so I found a seller of the actual OEM part around USD 160 with a 180 day warranty/return policy, and one not JVC for USD 65 with a 90 day warranty. I personally would tend towards factory replacement parts when possible myself.....but staying tuned in to see what the projector experienced have to say. Maybe @BMXTRIX can comment....

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Whatever you do. Don't handle the new bulb with your bare hands. Wear gloves to prevent the oils from your hands on the bulb

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I don't have much to say about replacement lamps. I tend to buy branded original lamps, but a ton of people have had good luck with OEM lamps, and others have had terrible luck in general. So..... I just have very little to offer on this matter.

I think maybe if you are trying to stay on a strict budget, that I would be looking at a original replacement bulb only and would swap the bulb itself instead of the entire lamp and be super careful. But, I would still lean towards trying to get a proper factory lamp if I could.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis